Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • London to Devizes – Lunch stop with good toddler facilities
  • swdan
    Free Member

Good afternoon all

This Friday we will be driving from SW London to Devizes to collect a relative en route to Centre Parcs at Longleat. The first leg is probably only 2 hours(ish) depending on traffic (will be allowing more for a friday) and should quite easily be a non-stop journey.

However, time of travel and my 2 year old daughter wanting some food will probably mean otherwise. I’d like somewhere to stop, anywhere between 1/2 to 3/4 of the way there that has some decent facilities to keep the little one occupied and tire her out a bit. I’m thinking somewhere with some outdoor play equipment would be great.

We’ll be travelling the M3/A303 route and I know there are some locals on here so was wondering if anyone had any recommendations?

Help me make the car journey more enjoyable!

swdan
    Free Member

Bump for those not out trick or treating…l

MrPottatoHead

If you were going M4 then you could do worse than Lydiard Park in Swindon. 2 mins from J16 and plenty to keep her entertained. But I can’t really suggest anything M3 way I’m afraid, so no help whatsoever. Sorry.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The Malet, Newton Tony. Just off the A303 by Cholderton. Playground across the road from the pub. Which is truly exceptional.

The Sun, Dummer. Just off the M3, before the A303. Haven’t been myself, but friends speak highly of it.

swdan
    Free Member

Cheers Flashy, will check that out. I fully expect the drive to be a pain so are just going to take it as it comes and make the journey part of the trip as much as possible. I know its not a long way but my last “2 hour drive” took nearer 4 and she started to get a bit grumpy!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘London to Devizes – Lunch stop with good toddler facilities’ is closed to new replies.