Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • London to Brighton MTB tomorrow – going to be muddy?
  • mcboo
    Free Member

Anyone know the state of the trails around N/S Downs? We wont be early starters so could be a few hundred riders ahead of us churning things up.

Still have my general purpose Nobby Nics on but maybe just go with skinny Mud-X at fairly high pressure?

Paceman
    Free Member

Nobby Nics should be fine, last weekend was bone dry on the South Downs and it’s been pretty dry all week since.

njee20
    Free Member

You’ll be absolutely fine, the sun’s out here now and I don’t reckon the North Downs will be too muddy, S Downs should drain alright too.

wwaswas

at the moment you’d probably get away with slicks…

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

will be fine – downslink (the majority of the ride) will be fine. potentially a bit loamy when you cross the M25/A3, but north downs will be fine. South downs climb is Truleigh hill, which can be a bit chalky/clay, but you should be fine.

nice day out, though the truleigh hill climb is a bit of a bugger.

mcboo
    Free Member

cool, thanks…..might even go for Ralphs if its still dry. I did a loop round Summer Lightning way in the summer, it had been torrential the day before and it was still dusty. Not Epping clay you lucky people…..

Quite looking fwd to it, forecast is sunny……75 miles a long way on mtb, am guessing 7.5-8.5hrs.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘London to Brighton MTB tomorrow – going to be muddy?’ is closed to new replies.