Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • london to brighton mtb
  • focusmudplugger
    Free Member

i know im not that old (60) but my years are numbered in mtb terms but i keep thinking about doing a london to brighton off rd mtb, so who’s done it , are there any gpx files , is it easier /better the other way round brighton to london any information would be grateful your experiences please .

singletrackmind

Tannoy # DrP to the Forum , Dr P to the Forum please ./Tannoy

kimbers

I did it a few years back.

Downloaded some bhf route printouts, had to use my phone sat nav a couple of times at the end, only really got lost a couple of times.

Obviously a nice long midsummer day, stopped for food in Surrey hills & again bit further down. 3l camelback with electorolytes + water bottle

Large chunk of it is downs link ex railway line, bit dull when views are hidden, but good to get a pace up.

Was well worth it, no massive hills and plenty of places to get water/food

Great way to see the countryside, I got a bit distracted by trails in hurtwood, which I was regretting late in the day.

https://www.strava.com/activities/174027293

Edukator
    Free Member

I’d appreciate if you could leave that Strava track live, Kimbers. Thanks for posting as I’ve been looking for a route up from the port (Newhaven) to the canal network north and that looks perfect.

pictonroad

Did it last year (both ways but you only need the ‘return’ portion. The downs link is the downs link, not the last word in excitement but it gets the miles done. The rest of it is a great ride, lots of variety. If you want to make it easier at the end carry on South to Shoreham and avoid the last final b&st@rd hill before Brighton.

Brighton to London to Brighton

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

I’ve done it a number of times and I’m not too far behind you age wise.

IMHO it’s easier L2B rather than B2L as it really is gently downhill for most of the ride especially the Downs Link section.

Here’s my most recent route Epsom to Brighton offroad.

I ‘cheat’ slightly as I live in Epsom so I just ride from there, I don’t bother riding into London to ride out again particularly as I do that on my cycle commute most days anyway.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘london to brighton mtb’ is closed to new replies.