Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • London Scheme – Interested in other riders pov ?
  • longboroughnick
    Free Member

Really enjoying the experience and hoping the scheme becomes the success it deserves to be. I like the fact I am forced not to ride like an idiot by the relaxed style of the bike and as a result I tend to avoid getting too hot on my 20 minute ride to and from Paddington each day.

However I am annoyed at how closely spaced the gearing seems to be on the bikes as it constantly feels like one higher ratio would be great for the longer or slightly downhill sections what do others think? The middle ratio seems largely redundant and I am not the fastest cyclist in the world.

Would also love to see them sharing routes between riders as people work out the fastest ways across town between the various docking stations, but guess this needs a bit of time to build up the usage patterns.

rootes1

yer and the rear lights are a bit dim…

brakes
    Free Member

Not used one yet, but intend to as there are docking stations very close to where I live and where I work.
    I might have to wear a disguise though as they're pretty emabarrassing!

rootes1

as they're pretty emabarrassing!

why?

Stoner
    Free Member

harrrumph – theyve pulled up the bike sheffields on Strand next to the Boots to install the docking stations 🙁 It's not like we've got loads of lockup options as it is.

nice to see them about though. Havent seen many on the way in the morning, but there were an awful lot of other cyclists out for a change – must be the weather.

mossimus
    Free Member

Eagerly awaiting my key.

Did notice Monday morning that the couple of docking stations I passed in the city (Cheapside and St Paul's) were both full at 09:15.

longboroughnick
    Free Member

Yeah when I get off the train at Paddington in the morning earlyish (07:30) there are only five or six bikes left, I am not sure what will happen when more people sign up.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘London Scheme – Interested in other riders pov ?’ is closed to new replies.