Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • London parking suggestions
  • CountZero

Ok, hoping the hive mind can come up with some suggestions here.
    Whenever I go up to London I always park at King’s Mall multi-storey in Hammersmith, as it’s easy to get to from the M4 travelling from the west, and to get back out again, and the Toob is only a few minutes walk away.
    However, after seeing Lush last night, on leaving the car park I noticed that it’s closing on May 6th for eighteen months for refurbishment. There’s limited parking next door, but by the time I get there around midday, that’ll have all gone.
    So, does anyone know of convenient parking close to the M4 and a Toob station, that isn’t ridiculously far out, as in Heathrow.
    I’d even consider using private driveways, if available, or on-street, but as me and my gig-going mate have been bitten in the ass by clampers by not noticing silly little signs when local parking changed once before, that would have to be certain, because I/we will be there from midday to midnight, usually.
    Cheers all. 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Plenty of places around West London on the Heathrow Line…anywhere too close [to a Tube station] to be true will be worth checking out for permit parking only, etc. Also, consider overground stations as well.

Another option is Parkopedia (think there’s an app) where you can find nearest free parking and/or people offering their drives for a few quid.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Very long time ago used to park on the side street somewhere off the end of the M4 and walking distance to a tube, though I forget where now. Not much help really as I bet it’s all permit parking now 😀

poisonspider
    Free Member

I can recommend another driveway parking app, JustPark.

Used it a couple of times, last time to park near Gatwick.

andyl
    Free Member

+1 for just park.

Used it when I was at a show at the ExCeL for a couple of days. £12 for 2 days parking 5 minutes from the door and right over the road from a DLR station. ExCeL parking was £15 a day.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Westfield think it’s …looks like they upped their prices for 24hrs

Westfield

geetee1972
    Free Member

Does Reading not qualify?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Does Reading not qualify?

My 1st thought was train, but the late ones from Paddington are sloooow.

simon_g

Justpark is good. For Hammersmith there’s a church just off the gyratory that has several spaces they rent out via them, all tucked away and behind security gates – linky

CountZero

I’d forgotten parkopedia, I’ll check out the other online options as well. Reading is too far out, and I’m really not interested in having to rely on mainline trains late at night, when I know I can get a Toob train out as far as Heathrow from whatever gig I’ve been to, I just need a reliable parking solution to be able to get onto the M4.
    Thing is, it’s not just me, I’m usually with a mate who normally drives, because he lives around six miles from me, in the country, with no public transport, so he can pick me up on the way, and drop me off on the way back.
    Cheers all, some useful info I can check up on ready for the next trip up.
    Thanks all! 😀
    Just had a look at that justpark link to the church you posted, simon_g, and that’s just perfect, I’ll see about booking a place as soon as possible.
    Brilliant, I knew I could rely on folks on here, a never-ending source of help that never ceases to amaze me!

CountZero

Just a wick bump to say thanks for the help here, booked a space at the church at Hammersmith, dead easy to get to, and was a lot cheaper than the multi-storey car park, by about five or six quid for the day! I’ll be using them in future, so thanks again for the help and suggestions, very much appreciated. 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘London parking suggestions’ is closed to new replies.