Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • London marathon
  • Archiedale
    Free Member

the fool i am…im doing the VLM but need advice on where to park car. i guess somewhere close to finish. Advice would be greatly accepted and please give no 17489 a cheer.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Don’t plan to drive after ! Aside from tiredness/stiffness the laxative effect of multiple energy gels is legendary. Train and hotel or get a friend to collect you and don’t plan to drive too far.

allthegear
    Free Member

Jambalaya talks sense! Unless you are a very regular marathon runner, please don’t drive. You won’t be fully alert, no matter what you think

Rachel

bensales
    Free Member

What they said.

And you’ve got naff all chance of parking anywhere near the finish anyway.

piemonster

As above, you’ll not park anywhere near the finish. Where are you travelling in from!

Just use the tube/train, yeh its busy but not any worse than rush hour. You’ll be held up more crossing the race route more than anything else.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just go run it on Tuesday, be nice and quiet and cheaper #LoveTheSportive

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Parking will be nightmarish/expensive/impossible. Treat yourself to a hotel stay and train ticket – there are trains from Charing Cross etc to get you to the start line. Good luck and have a brilliant time (watch out for the street furniture!) – it’s a great race 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ve driven after a marathon, it was fine. I don’t OD on gels tho.

But parking near the finish is surely £££ and that’s if you can find a space.

Use public transport.

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP if you must drive. Check the following online

Belgrave Square – I recall its free on Sunday, in fact from 6:30 or 7pm on Saturday. As its fairly close to finish it may well be full.

Chelsea metered parking is generally free from 6pm on Satirday. Lots of buses run from Victoria down Kings Road so easy access. Elystan Street parking opposite small shops is free from 6pm Sat and Kings Rd bus stop is close (opposite M&S).

jerseychaz

There’s an NCP in St James – it’s a bit spendy though – £28 for the day about 15 years ago! Driving after the Marathon isn’t a good idea . However, nor is sitting on a train with no legroom for 2 hours…. I’ve done both.

triguy100
    Free Member

Last time I did the race all competitors got free public transport, would be a better option as parking could be fairly horrendous in the vicinity of the race finish. Lots of kit buses in the area too, police/wardens were keen to ticket anything not moving, including me at the finish!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘London marathon’ is closed to new replies.