Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • London is the best (quality of living)!
  • tiger_roach
    Free Member
    tron
    Free Member

I think you're extrapolating a bit there!

grumm
    Free Member

Wrong – that suggests it's the best city in the UK. And it's bollocks anyway 🙂

gonefishin
    Free Member

Given the criteria that's used to judge these sort of things it's no surprise that London would come out on top in the UK. That being said there is no way that I would want to live there, or any other large city for that matter.

vinnyeh

shh, don't tell everybody- they'll all want to move here.

brooess
    Free Member

I've been in London for 10 years. Lots of great stuff about it but with its challenges too. For example I earn well above national average salary but can't afford a house in a decent area.

I'm moving to the Lakes for the summer and expect my standard of life to go steeply upwards (fresh air, friendly, community, hills, need a whole lot less cash to live well, and some of the best biking in the UK (obviously!)If things work out I won't be coming back to London…

Daffy

I love Vienna.

grumm
    Free Member

I'm moving to the Lakes for the summer and expect my standard of life to go steeply upwards (fresh air, friendly, community, hills, need a whole lot less cash to live well

Dunno if the Lakes is that much cheaper than London for housing – it's pretty damn expensive.

gonefishin
    Free Member

Having now read the whole article the people who will be most upset and saying that it's a complete fabrication and wrong are those living in Edinburgh as both Aberdeen and Glasgow have made the top 100 but Edinburgh hasn't.

WackoAK
    Free Member

Strange why Edinburgh never made it on to that list?

donsimon
    Free Member

tiger_roach – Member

Best In the UK anyway:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8704630.stm

Hmmmm! Member for one month. London is the greatest!

You are Fredameda and there must be a fiver for me, no?

LHS
    Free Member

Having lived in Vienna, Geneva, Barcelona, London and Denver I can say that London is a close second after Denver.

grumm
    Free Member

lol Aberdeen is in there but Edinburgh isn't – pretty good list then.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

I work in the worst city in the world. Gleaming.

GrahamS

Yeah that does seem a bit odd since Edinburgh was voted "best city in the United Kingdom for quality of life" in 2006.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

WackoAK – Member

It's worse than Baghdad?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘London is the best (quality of living)!’ is closed to new replies.