Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • London folk. What activities with teenage lad for an afternoon?
  • ianfitz
    Free Member

We will have an afternoon free later this week and be near to Denmark Hill stn. Heading back to St pancras in the evening so could happily detour between the two. It will be his first time there and I have no clue what would be the best places to visit.

He likes art, particularly graffiti/urban type stuff. Does anyone know if there are exhibits/ museums that have this kid of stuff?

Any suggestions appreciated, cheers!

Jamie
    Free Member
    involver
    Free Member

Tate Modern might be worth a look. Not specifically graffiti/urban, but there’s plenty of art and the building alone is pretty impressive.

footflaps

Two up on a stolen moped knicking mobile phones?

jimdubleyou

Tate Modern might be worth a look. Not specifically graffiti/urban, but there’s plenty of art and the building alone is pretty impressive.

South Bank would be a good shout generally – check out the graffiti in the Undercut skate park and there’s usually something going on.

scaled
    Free Member

C&H?

freeagent
    Free Member

You could see what is on at the House of Vans…

House of Vans

Otherwise Camden Market is always a good shout.

binners

I believe its the teenage tradition in that particular part of the world to shank someone in a stairwell

dovebiker

+1 Southbank – lots of stuff going on between the London Eye and Tate Modern, plus you’ve got the likes of Borough Market nearby.

ianfitz
    Free Member

thanks for those suggestions, will check them out.

senorj

See if there is any availability at Somerset house for the ice rink .
    Lovely setting to get in the Christmas spirit.
    Have a hot dog over the road at the Delaunay afterwards.

footflaps

I believe its the teenage tradition in that particular part of the world to shank someone in a stairwell

Surely you shank them under the mistletoe at this time of year?

benp1

You could have a look for Banksys – https://www.timeout.com/london/blog/heres-a-map-of-all-the-banksys-you-can-still-spot-around-london-030117

Tate Modern might have something interesting?

Winter wonderland is on in Hyde Park

Southbank is worth a wonder, there’s some graffiti on the skate park bit as mentioned

benp1

You could also look for street art stuff in London, like a self guided walking tour. It’s not really my bag so I don’t have any recommendations, but something like this looks to be a good start

https://www.visitlondon.com/things-to-do/openspace/street-art-london#uE0ROeEubwgmfcSU.97

nwmlarge
    Free Member

you could head up to waterloo to the Leake Street Tunnel it is full of graffiti from one end to the other.

zippykona

War museum.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Bit out of the way but I had a trip on the Emirates Skyway It’s at Greenwich, near the O2 so maybe a bit far. Also, I did it at night which was spectacular. Daytime would probably be pretty cool though. Maritime museum is nearby which may or may not be interesting to a teenager

flanagaj
    Free Member

Browns / Sports Bar?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘London folk. What activities with teenage lad for an afternoon?’ is closed to new replies.