Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • London – Family Hotel Help…
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Looks like I have to go down to London next month… something I can cope with on my own but will have to take the family with me this time.

Plan is to go down Saturday, maybe meet friends for tea, stay Saturday night and then see other friends in central London on Sunday before shooting home again.

Looking at train prices, they’re barely any cheaper than flights from Manchester (!!!!) so we’ll be driving. Thought it might be best to drive to somewhere just within the M25 and get the tube into the centre when needed.

Any recommendations on anywhere to stay thats kid friendly and has car parking within striking distance of the M40 or M1 but is also a short drive/walk to a tube station?

Cheers
    Dave

wrightyson
    Free Member

Wembley premier right near the tube for a 15/20 min tube ride into Central London.
    Or further north, ibis Stevenage. Decent town and plenty of trains into Central London.

andy8442
    Free Member

Premier Inn Kings Langley. Train station in the village takes you straight into London.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d go with wrightyson’s suggestion of somewhere in Wembley…there are tons of chain hotels there. Within easy striking distance of the A40 and plenty of links to Central London (there has to be for matchday crowds). Have a good weekend. 🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Wembley Premier Inn popped up on a search but limited parking at the hotel. Will have a look at other options in the area though guys – cheers!

chudsy
    Free Member

Booked trains last night to travel end of July, Skipton to London with a family railcard for £40.80 return. 2 adults and 1 kid travelling off peak. Not booked accommodation yet, so any recommendations may well be followed up on.

flashpaul
    Free Member

Don’t worry about parking at Wembley , it’s right next to the tube station and I always park on the station
    It’s actually cheaper than the Premier Inn and right across the road.

if you can’t get in the premier inn their is an ibis up the road which also has parking

Avoid quality inn at all costs though it’s a dump.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

chudsey – how on earth did you get that so cheap? I looked and it was going to be ~£200 for me and,the wife return (kids are 1 and 4 so travel free).

wrightyson
    Free Member

Go on red spotted hanky for your tickets. Look for two singles, as in not a return.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Red spotted hanky.
    Easy to use site. Also check trainline.com. The cheaper tickets are usually released four/six weeks before weekend travel due to the planning of maintenance/engineering works. Trainline will tell you if they’ve been released yet.
    Where/when you travelling to from by the way?

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Red spotted hanky/train line no cheaper than just going through nationalrail.co.uk in my experience. Trick is to book as far in advance as you can. I think the cheapest advance tickets are released about 12 weeks before travel.

njee20
    Free Member

None of the sites are cheaper, they just sometimes make the cheap seats more obvious! Do Trainline still charge booking fees? We were told not to use them through work. I book everything through East Coast – you get reward points you can redeem against useful stuff!

Look at advance tickets, not off peak. You have to get a specific train, but if you’re flexible on time it should be far cheaper.

Edit: although splityourticket.co.uk is worth checking to see if you benefit.

chudsy
    Free Member

DaveyBoyWonder; we got a free family and friends ticket and it was cheaper to pay for little chudsy than for him to travel free as an under 5. Booked as a family ticket rather than individuals and it is an advance ticket.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘London – Family Hotel Help…’ is closed to new replies.