Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • London decent coffee & cafes
  • poolman
    Free Member

I am staying near Tower Bridge next month for a few days.

Usual coffee/food stops are Monmouth coffee, Borough Market, Fernandez & Wells Somerset House, Speakeasy off Carnaby St, Food for Thought Neale St, Bagel bakery Brick Lane are my favourite sort of places.

Any other suggestions for really good coffee & cheap healthy eats? anywhere centralish as will be walking. I can only go 2 hours without food so as many suggestions as possible would be welcome.

Much appreciated.

geoffj

I like the Sally Army cafe at the northern end of the bouncy bridge for that neck of the woods.

MrSmith
    Free Member

just get this if you have a smart phone. worth every penny and less than the cost of a bad cup of coffee from starbucks

http://londonsbestcoffee.bluecrowmedia.com

i recommend dose in long lane, workshop in clerkenwell, the curators in leadenhall, tapped and packed, espresso room, elliots, Notes (both cafes and carts).theres loads more on the app.

maccruiskeen

Not so much for coffee, but more for cheap healthy eats – I quite like Houmous Bros (not dissing their coffee, just can’t remember if I had any with food), theres a few branches about the place, can’t quite remember where though. But if you’re on foot you’ll probably pass one.

Not so cheap but ticking both boxes would be Ottolenghi

bikebouy
    Free Member

Taxi!!!!
    Rapha on Brewer St.

plumber
    Free Member

Look ma no hands on old street

You can thank me later

poolman
    Free Member

Brilliant thanks – never thought of sally army & walked past loads of times. Rapha is too near Bar Italia.

Others I’ll have a look at.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘London decent coffee & cafes’ is closed to new replies.