Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • London Cyclists…
  • dave32
    Free Member

Need to pop into town tomorrow and come up as far as Battersea Bridge, Was thinking of following the canal down to Brentford then joining the Thames Path, Does this take you all the way in? Want to avoid as much road as possible..

CountZero

Not sure if this’ll help at all:
    http://www.cycle-route.com/routes/London-Routes-89.html

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I used to ride that route as far as Hammersmith Bridge so I can vouch for that section. Googling the second bit of the route, it looks like the route is fine up to around Putney Bridge then goes a little on/off the river for a bit. But you’re pretty close by then so I’d say it’s probably as good an ‘off road’ route as you’re going to find.

Just in case you’ve not been this way before you’ll need to come off the canal at Brentford lock then follow the road to Kew Bridge, crossover the bridge and join the riverside path on the south side of the Thames.

dave32
    Free Member

Yeah I thought so,up the a4 and over Kew bridge then follow the river was my intention

aP
    Free Member

I wouldn’t go along the A4 TBH, drop down to Brentford High Street and turn left. You could continue along Thames Road and come out by Chiswick Bridge then cross over to the south side. Or head to Chiswick rail station and take the path alongside the railway to Barnes Bridge and cross over that way.

dave32
    Free Member

Straight over the junction with Boston mamor,down to the high street?

molgrips
    Free Member

Surely following the river is a really really long way round?

dave32
    Free Member

Yeah it is but I’m in no rush and be nice to have a last ride before I go on holiday

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘London Cyclists…’ is closed to new replies.