Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 126 total)
  • London Bridge
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not again. Please not again.

🙁

SaxonRider

Nothing’s coming up on any of my news sources. What’s up? And where are you finding it?

Stoner
    Free Member

twitter starting to light up

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    oldracer
    Free Member

The Sun & The Express have reports of an incident.

SaxonRider

Just found it. 😥

spacemonkey

BBC

jakd95
    Free Member

Just had a BBC news alert, no details yet.

spacemonkey
    cloudnine
    Free Member

Hope people are ok.
    *awaits imminent post blaming a muslim / ISIS

frankconway

Witness just been talking on radio; white van, on road, onto pavement, hits pedestrians, back onto road and repeats.

Did not refer to ‘terrorism’ but that has now become our collective default setting.

We must wait until there is some confirmation – accident, pissed up driver or similar, or deliberate.

cornholio98
    Free Member

When I hear van/car drives into pedestrians my first thought is pissed driver. As above it is a worry when we think of someone intentionally doing this.

Though oddly it still seems ok to say you are going to run down a cyclist, we are a strange society really…

Hopefully the injuries are not too bad

Drac

*Don’t spread rumors
    *Don’t spread gruesome images
    *Lots of fake info out there
    *Use official sources
    *Wait for Confirmed info

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

When I hear van/car drives into pedestrians my first thought is pissed driver.

A few years ago I’m sure most people would have thought the same thing but with events recently I think we all know what conclusion will be jumped to before the facts are confirmed 🙁

RoterStern
    Free Member

Just heard somebody on sky news who claimed they heard rapid gunfire about 10 minutes before the police arrived. 🙁

colournoise

Mass murder. Pure and simple. Regardless of actual or perceived motives.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Have there been fatalaties?

colournoise

MrSmith – Member
    Have there been fatalaties?

No idea yet in this case. Hopefully not. Was making a general point about the way these events are reported and perceived.

jekkyl

Campaign of terror during the UK election? 2 incidents in such a short period of time.

Kryton57

Omfg.

Whats wrong with you people? You should feel ashamed, people are lying hurt while you are bickering and spouting.

igm

thomasthetankengine – Member
    ^Not prejudice if true though. Statement of fact.

Prejudice
    Prejudgment, or forming an opinion before becoming aware of the relevant facts of a case

Wikipedia’ definition

So even if you’re right it’s still prejudice at the moment.

Let the police do their jobs.

jekkyl

Sky News reporting a 2nd incident at Borough Market. A knife attack.

SaxonRider

Just heard somebody on sky news who claimed they heard rapid gunfire about 10 minutes before the police arrived.

Yeah. I heard that too. But I have to say that the source didn’t sound overly convincing. And it seems slightly suspicious for only having been covered as a detail by Fox and Sky. At least so far.

I’m still hoping and praying for the best…

thomasthetankengine
    Free Member

Predudice:
    preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience

Was more what I was thinking.

igm

Money on there being a knife attack every Saturday night in London. No need to think it’s a) terror or b) linked – not yet anyway.

Let the police do their jobs.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Just heard a BBC worker also confirming she heard gunfire but thought it was from the police (she was in a restaurant at the edge of Borough Market at the time).

igm

thomasthetankengine – Member
    Predudice:
    preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience

Was more what I was thinking.

Well experience tells us lots of people get killed in RTAs and very few are deliberate or terrorist acts. It may be but to say so now is jumping to conclusions.

scaredypants

Shite

Good news is there seems to be no mention of fatalities on the BBC website. Let’s hope it stays that way

igm

Posted at 23:27
    Police are now searching for three suspects, a BBC reporter at the scene says.

He says there are also reports that some people have been stabbed.

The priority for the police is now to get people – many whom where enjoying a nightout in central London – out of the area.

The police cordon is being moved further and further out, our reporter adds.BBC

That makes it violent crime as a minimum I suppose.

wilburt
    Free Member

Given the police response I dont think this is ‘normal’ London violence.

MrSmith
    Free Member

The police cordon is being moved further and further out, our reporter adds.

The BBC live pics are from way down Southwark st so quite a large area cordoned off.
    BBC incorrectly saying the street is London Bridge (it’s borough high st), also incorrectly saying the van was driving towards the shard when it’s obvious to anyone who knows the area it was just past London Grind bar before the steps down to the market which is not on the way.
    Hopefully no fatalities and the morning will bring facts not supposition

retro83
    Free Member

Incident at Vauxhall according to met twitter

MrSmith
    Free Member

‘More than one fatality’ (from met police) 🙁

tenfoot

Police confirming more than one fatality at London Bridge 🙁

infidel
    Free Member

Terrible. Sadly, psychosocial studies show that highly visible events such as Manchester often spawn similar ones, usually committed by people of similar demography. disillusioned social outcasts with psychotic tendencies and a sense of belonging from finding a group to join.

clipper247
    Free Member

Being reported as 3 incidents now, being treated as terrorism. My thoughts to all the victims, and to the emergency services running towards

deviant
    Free Member

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck….

Remember folks, nothing to see here….drunk driver, ‘just’ a normal London knife incident, shots fired etc etc….definitely not terrorism, keep your head in the sand, religion of peace etc etc.

oldracer
    Free Member

Those of you trying to score political points..

Do you have no shame?

Folks are dead & some maybe dying – all you can think of is your own selfish political agenda.

Nice.

Stay classy.

clipper247
    Free Member

Looks like only 2 incidents – Vauxhall re-opened.

cookeaa

Can we just stick to relaying information and expressions of sympathy rather than point scoring/name calling…

Mods?

CountZero

With large numbers of police moved to high profile public events such as the footy in Cardiff and the gig in Manchester, and seeing how successful the incident in London involving an SUV driven across one of the bridges into pedestrians, is anyone surprised that a similar attack has taken place?
    Any terrorist with an ounce of sense will repeat a previously successful attack where the police presence is likely to be at a relatively light level, using a proven process, i.e. using a vehicle as a weapon; simple and very, very effective.
    DAESH will claim their soldiers were responsible, and those responsible will probably claim to be fighting against the evil Western kufir, which is again highly predictable.
    I see little difference to the IRA planting bombs in concrete rubbish bins a couple of decades ago, only the ideology has changed, and even then not by much; both are groups seeking to impose their ideology on the majority by the use of force, with their religion used as an excuse.
    The more things change, the more they stay the same.
    Or as they say in France: Plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 126 total)

The topic ‘London Bridge’ is closed to new replies.