Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • London Bike Show – anyone seen any good ticket offers?
  • benp1

It’s on in a couple of weeks, if I can find some free/cheap tickets I might pop in for a bit, perhaps even take one of the kids

When I went a few years ago it didn’t feel worth the full asking price, I’m sure it’s improved etc etc but would be more keen if the price was lower (I can see I can get a 10% BC discount already) – any thoughts from anyone?

upshift
    Free Member

I got a 10% discount through Canyon, although that ended in Jan. I read the British Cycling were doing 15% discounts and that’s the best I’ve heard of so far.

Edit: Scratch that – think I’ve seen 15% discounts for previous years. Now 10% through BC as you said.

burko73

Is it better that the brum nec bike show. I felt thoroughly ripped off after that and paying for parking….

At least the London show has the outdoor show as well.

Wally
    benp1

It’s supposed to be the biggest, don’t know about the best. Not cheap though…

flashinthepan
    Free Member

I went last year and going again this

£17.25 for me, £5.25 for each of my 16 year old twins.

If I’m honest I don’t think that’s bad value, especially for the kids.

benp1

Hmmm, just noticed the motorcycle show is on at the same time in the same venue…

jim25

Motorbike show is on next door, but you will need an additional ticket to get in there.

benp1

That’s the problem. It’s an expensive day out! If I take my (5yo) son with me for a day out he’s going to get bored quick so we’ll probably fly through it fairly quickly rather than pottering through slowly

If I’m on my own it’s a fairly selfish way to spend the day!

Wally

On my way, wearing my STW T-shirt, thermos and sandwich.
    Full on selfish day of wandering around on my tod.

upshift
    Free Member

Will give you the secret STW nod if I spot you!

Kryton57

Mrs K and my two have just set off, with instructions to bring home some decent discounted chamois cream and all the freebies. KJ01 is excited about the Triathlon show, as he’s entered two of them this year.

And of course, who doesn’t like looking around a large opulent boat when your 8/4yo…

upshift
    Free Member

Ooohh, I’d forgotten about free swag… Will post details if I find something good!

FiveTen shoes, a decent jacket and a few perches on Oranges and Stantons are the aim for today.

celticdragon

Went last year to see Alpkit and Hope, but wasn’t impressed otherwise. I’m on leave tomorrow and will be bored, so am tempted to pop down again (as long as I get the ticket today) as seeing Alpkit again would be useful.

Will keep an eye on this thread.

upshift
    Free Member

Quick review:
    – If you’re very outdoorsy there’s plenty to interest you because the Triathlon and Outdoor shows are run alongside.
    – Not many MTB retailers and no major brands on the test bike fleet, which was a let down when I went specifically to narrow down bike options.
    – Giant had a stand dedicated to road bikes, but no MTBs – that surprised me!
    – Very few MTB kit retailers. I was expecting a few places selling clothing, shoes etc, but couldn’t find any.
    – Stanton were great. Had a good long chat with them, really helpful and was given a personal email address to book a test ride.
    – Met the Cranked guys too – good deal on subscriptions available!
    – Good to see Singletrack there too.
    – If you’re into nutrition, get down there! Energy bars, gels, powders aplenty. In fact I think there are more of those suppliers than trail bikes.

All in all not a bad little day, but despite being ready to bring a bike back I infact have a copy of Singletrack and a goody bag.

benp1

Thanks for the review. I’m sure it’s a nice way to spend the day if you have some time to kill, but think I’ll give it a miss.

Kryton57

Well, my kids had a good time apparantly.

Good to see Singletrack there too.

Yeah, I heard that I was outed, as my Son delighted in telling the (man with a Northen accent) that his Daddy spends a lot of time on the website… 😳

Rubber_Buccaneer

seeing Alpkit again would be useful

Especially if you want to buy something, they are doing 10% off everything for the duration of the show. I like the carbon 650b+ and the broken road looked so good but for its non dropper seat tube

I echo everything upshift has said but have to add I WANT A SHAND! They have some nice bikes at the show, nice Rohloff job would do me for next winter

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘London Bike Show – anyone seen any good ticket offers?’ is closed to new replies.