Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • London Bike Commute this morning
  • Mascy
    Free Member

Good God. What a nightmare this morning was due to tube strike peds & cyclists who only ride in London on strike days. Anyone have any related near-death experiences?

Also amusing seeing so many peds shambling along, unable to use the tube thus not really knowing where they’re going, all looking at their ‘phones!

Be safe out there people 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

cyclists who only ride in London on strike days.

Ahhhh, “Shed Litter Day”, when all the bikes are dragged in to the daylight, with nary a pump of air in the tyres, nor a drop of oil upon the chain, and then pressed in to hard labour by the non-gear using, pedal mashing loons astride them!
    Love it!

shermer75
    Free Member

Yep, no one going anywhere fast in London today! If its tge sane as kart time though, tomorrow should be much better

MoreCashThanDash

Sounds like a normal day here in Nottingham

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Massive queue at the empty hire bike rack outside Waterloo station, waiting for bikes to return. Must have been quicker to walk for many of them, or at least walk to another rack that still had bikes.

kimbers

didnt think it was to bad

as wobbly as many of the cyclists were, it was just nice to see so many people on bikes

there was a lot of angry horn beeping though, directed at other cars mostly

theflatboy
    Free Member

Definitely beginners day going on – people cutting me up on what looked like their sisters’ bikes, wobbly trackstand attempts all over the shop, hesitant red light jumping, the lot.

Having said that, the part-time drivers were a lot more obstructive and annoying.

ahwiles
    Free Member

in other words; for 1 whole day Londoners will have to cope with only slightly better facilities than the rest of the country.

you poor lambs!

😉

Stoner
    Free Member

dammit! – if Id thought about it I could have hired out the Stoner Ratbike locked at Paddington station as I wasnt using it today 😉

brakes
    Free Member

yeah, a bit bonkers this morning – lots of chuntering from me at other cyclists wobbling around and pushing through – hopefully a bit quieter this evening as everyone leaves at different times, but traffic queues expected.
    good to see Mike Cash has picked up Bob Crow’s mantle with aplomb.
    Not.

_daveR
    Free Member

This will be me tomorrow! Booked the bike on the train, will be switching back to flats for the day to save on carrying shoes.

If you see a black & orange, Gyro between Paddington and Farringdon then say hello!

brooess
    Free Member

Aah – the ‘Bob Crow Memorial Strike’
    I didn’t think it was too bad at all today – lots more riders but the general quality of riding was ok.
    tbh – on a strike day you know you’re going to be dealing with a bunch of inexperienced riders so you just need to ride accordingly.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘London Bike Commute this morning’ is closed to new replies.