Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • London beer meet
  • neilnevill
    Free Member

London bike based pub crawl? Or a simple meet up for a drink and talking ****. Central London being err…central would perhaps be best for all?

jedi

beer?? i’m in!

neilnevill
    Free Member

or a glass of chardonnay if you prefer 😉

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

why not.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Lucky bastards! Enjoy the beers, each other’s company and proper beer 🙁

bullheart
    Free Member

I too shall partake in said suggested activity.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Sounds like a plan, where in that London do you propose?

Stoner
    Free Member

Can I recommend the Harp near Covent Garden.
    Awarded CAMRA pub of the year 2010/2011.
    Just off the Strand.
    Brilliant selection of real ales including milds and pale ales.

http://www.harpcoventgarden.com

And a Tuesday evening would be good.

flip
    Free Member

Jeez i’ll be in London Tueday evening, i’m from Cannock but i’m attending a Parlimentary reception on Wednesday 😉

Can’t come though got stuff already booked, have fun!

jedi

so when is it?

psychle
    Free Member

I’ll try and make it, fingers crossed 🙂

jedi

someone email me if its a go-er 🙂

PJM1974
    Free Member

I work less than 100 yards from The Harp…

Stoner
    Free Member

PJM so do I. Where are you then?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Does that mean Jedi is in London atm?

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’m only round the corner in Victoria. When are we doing this?

pinches
    Free Member

Yes more details! i’ll be up for this depending when.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Beer?

In That London’s famous London??

With my reputation???

Stoner
    Free Member

well Im in town on this tuesday night overnight, so Id be at the Harp anyway. But I spose its a bit short notice. But since my last train is 19:20 from paddington any other tuesday night Id only be able to grab a quick couple.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

let me suggest 6pm tuesday at the Harp then as a starter…

PJM1974
    Free Member

As in Tuesday this week?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Sounds like it

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

it was only a starter suggestion – it might now be too short notice for PJM1974 to book a taxi to get him from work to the Harp 🙂

nedrapier

I’m keen.

As the weather’s still going to be lovely tomorrow, what about somewhere with tables outside? Struggling to think of many central.

Porterhouse? Not been there for a while, though.

grum
    Free Member

No idea why I opened this as I live at the other end of the country, but can I suggest that if the OP is feeling a bit down about not having any mates and would like to do more – perhaps he should shape up his ‘event organising’ and ‘thread-replying’ skills? 😛

psychle
    Free Member

I’m working Tuesday night 🙁 Could do Wednesday though 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Sod this ‘can’t do that night only every 3rd Thursday between 6.23pm and 8.54pm within a 200m radius of X station’ malarky; those who can make it on Tuesday go and have a pint, those who can’t, suggest another date for the rest of you. Stoner’s gone to the trouble of suggesting a venue and a time, so unless you have a better idea, then just go with that. Seems pretty good imo.

Otherwise we end up with the same old crap of trying to please everyone and nothing actually happens. You can’t expect everyone to accommodate your own specific requirements, so if you can’t make a particular time and place, then tough. Life’s unfair sometimes.

Psy; I can meet up with you for a pint Wednesday if you want mate. Be good to have a bev together. You’re drinking for two now of course aren’t you? 🙂

qwerty
    Free Member

Sod this ‘can’t do that night only every 3rd Thursday between 6.23pm and 8.54pm within a 200m radius of X station’ malarky; those who can make it on Tuesday go and have a pint, those who can’t, suggest another date for the rest of you. Stoner’s gone to the trouble of suggesting a venue and a time, so unless you have a better idea, then just go with that. Seems pretty good imo.

Otherwise we end up with the same old crap of trying to please everyone and nothing actually happens. You can’t expect everyone to accommodate your own specific requirements, so if you can’t make a particular time and place, then tough. Life’s unfair sometimes.

[ducks] flying Cannondale [/ducks]

😉

nedrapier

I’m not doing anything this week I can’t shuffle round. Happy to do Wednesday too.

And it looks like the Harp has quite an accomodating pavement…

Keen for a “local secrets” bike/pub meander at some point too. Maybe a few volunteers could each take a slice of London near them and connect a pub or two with some back roads, paths and parks, and we could join up the sections?

I’m relatively new to North London (Finsbury Park) but I could volunteer for a section round there unless there’s anyone better qualified.

This a goer, do we think?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

[ducks] flying Cannondale [/ducks]

Heh! 😆

What a childish and idiotic tantrum…. 😳

Lifer
    Free Member

I’d be up for a beer any evening next week (not in Londinium but only 40 minutes away from Victoria)

alfabus
    Free Member

I suppose I could be tempted in to showing my face… haven’t been to anything stw social before… only met people who have been on bikes 🙂

Dave

Stoner
    Free Member

as the diminutive cock-er-knee says, I shall be at the Harp from 5:30 this tuesday if anyone is planning on turning up. Wear a red rose in your lapel.

Failing that look for the tall bloke with a carradice bag.

If none of you turn up by 7, look for the long bloke in the gutter wearing a carradice bag.

alfabus
    Free Member

5.30 AM?

Stoner
    Free Member

of course. The sun’s over the yard arm somewhere in the world….

nedrapier

And I’m out! That was quick! Friend’s launch party, same time, other end of town.

Stoner
    Free Member

It’s me, isnt it? 🙁

neilnevill
    Free Member

this has moved on a bit. Harp is good for me, short walk from Whitehall. 5.30 tomorrow it is….look for a guy wearing Humvees and silver disco slippers (assuming I change to cycle home)

oh and Wednesday works too. psychle shall I expect to see the new bike chained outside?

jedi

i have double coaching tomorrow so deffo cant do it 🙁 🙁 do another!!!!!!! 🙂

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

‘fraud I can’t make tomorrow, enjoy yerselves

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘London beer meet’ is closed to new replies.