Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Lomond Hills Ride, Fife – Sunday 15 Aug – Leslie Bike Shop
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

The Leslie Bike Shop and their race team are organising a Lomond Hills Ride on August 15.

There are two possible rides. One 20 miles, the other 40. They will share the same initial route to the lunch stop, then the 20 mile group will head back and the 40 mile group will head off again.

Cakes and snacks will provided at the midway lunch stop.

Its a great chance to ride some little known singletrack in an often overlooked range of hills.

The ride starts from The Leslie Bike Shop at the Bankhead Industrial Estate at 9.30am. NOT the branch in Leslie High Street.

Oh, and its free!

http://www.lesliebikeshop.co.uk/index.html

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

sounds interesting, i've never done any riding in fife despite just living over the bridge. I can't help but feel i'm missing out on a lot. quite tempted to come a long. I take it that the pace will be sociable? thinking of the 20 mile route.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Paul, the first 20 will be a mellow pace but there will be fun singletrack along the way. I understand the second 20 will be quicker and more challenging.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

bump for the evening shift

DaddyFool
    Free Member

This sounds good. I'm back from holiday on the 12th…I'll look again for the thread then.

Cheers.

TheDBF
    Free Member

Was up West Lomond hill on my trials bike on Saturday, superb venue !!!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Was up West Lomond hill on my trials bike on Saturday, superb venue !!!

I think the route goes up by the Tyndall Bruce Monunment on the Black Hill so there are lots of techy trails.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

bump

mr_stru

Anyone know if you need to register or can you just rock up?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Just turn up. No registration, no fee. Only requirement really is that you wear a helmet.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Lomond Hills Ride, Fife – Sunday 15 Aug – Leslie Bike Shop’ is closed to new replies.