• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Dibbs.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Lollipop upgrade htc one m8 – won't stay on silent
  • jools182
    Free Member

Upgraded to lollipop last night

When I go to bed I put the phone on silent, however it’s decided it’s going to put the volume up 2 bars. I’ve put it on silent 4 times and it keeps reverting to 2 bars of volume

Any ideas? Launch it out the window?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Set the Do Not Disturb to kill all notifications until the morning

paladin

Upgraded to 5.0.2 on my nexus7, and it trashed it. After doing a full reset it seems better, but power management isn’t working well

noltae
    Free Member

M8/Lollipop here too – seems like everything is working ok – hardly an improvement though ..

youngrob

M8/Lollipop here as well, all working fine. As suggested use Do Not Disturb.

traildog
    Free Member

I don’t know the answer, but as mentioned above there is a Do not disturb mode. Either click Priorty or None.

It’s really good for night as you can set it up to allow important calls (family for example).

Lollipop is good but there are loads of problems and it’s made what was once a really stable system crash regularly. While I like a lot of it’s features, I’m sort of wishing I was still running Kitkat.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s good on the Nexus, from what I’ve seen of HTC’s it’s quite a long way removed from raw android

bob_summers

Is it conflicting with something in HTC sense?
    Alternatively try an app like Silent Hours. Does much the same as the inbuilt function but with more flexibility, eg mute ringer except when someone from your contacts calls, or someone calls twice etc.

hypnotoad
    Free Member

Is it possible to downgrade to the older firmware?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Factory reset and then do the upgrades incrementally.

Russell96

Did mine weeks ago no issues with it at all, no changes in volume/notifications, doesn’t feel any faster or slower than before, struggling to see any real changes going from 4.x to 5.x apart from the different feel to the recent apps/swipe away function.

Lifer
    Free Member

I’ve not had any problems, except for getting the ‘gestures’ tutorials again when first updated. Took me a while to find how to get my Spotify controls on the lock screen without displaying messages though.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I did my M8 a few weeks ago, can’t say I’ve noticed much difference.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Lollipop upgrade htc one m8 – won't stay on silent’ is closed to new replies.