Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Lollipop on Z1 Compact
  • scotroutes

Who is going first?

wombat

Did it last night, looks different, couple of minor changes to the way the lock screen works but it seems to work OK.

Needed a restart a couple of times to get rid if messages from Google Play telling me it needed an update but now seems alright.

Still much much better than my works iPhone 5s 😉

EDIT, took about half an hour all in

wwaswas

Both my and my son’s Sony’s needed a complete os reinstall and data restore to get the installation to work. First attempt leaves them in a ‘rebooting’ loop.

His backup was done via the backup software on the phone. Post install and trying to restore ‘This backup is not compatible with your operating system’ – he’s trying to get something sorted now.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Don’t do it.

RustyMac

I have put Lollipop on my Z1, worked first time, no issues.
    The best bit of the upgrade for me is finally being able to store apps on the removable memory card.
    Quite like the look of it, only thing i am finding weird is all the apps appear as tabs and can intersperse the chrome tabs.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Just installed Lollipop on my Z1 Compact. Worked fine (though it’s only a week old and and didn’t have much rubbish on it).

Seems good, and I’m used to Lollipop from my tablet, so I was swiping in some of the wrong places on my phone.

Happy overall.

scotroutes

Ok, here goes…..

Rickos
    Free Member

Same as Rusty Mac.

I had my own photo as my wallpaper though and the clock disappeared because of the colours. Annoying that I can’t change the appearance or colour of the clock. But, you know, I’m over it…

verses

I did mine on Wednesday night. All seemed to go OK…

only thing i am finding weird is all the apps appear as tabs and can intersperse the chrome tabs.

You can switch that off in the Chrome settings.

RustyMac

Verses, just found that option.

I am a happy man again.

scotroutes

Sorted. I got the strange Play Services loop but that has sorted itself out. Missing the Quick Settings widget, though seems to be available from a diwn-swipe now. No doubt more changes to be found.

Could be my imagination but the whole phone feels faster

ChrisL

My Z3 Compact got upgraded last week. I was pretty new to the phone (and smartphones in general) so having to further adapt to a raft of interface tweaks was a bit annoying. Overall there’s nothing so drastic as to be a real issue but I miss lock screen widgets as now if I pause music playback from the lock screen the controls quickly disappear and I have to unlock the phone before I can start playing again.

scotroutes

Not for me. What music app are you using?

ChrisL

The Walkman app. If music is playing then the lock screen gives you the options to pause and skip to the next track. If you pause playback in the lock screen then the controls stay for a few more seconds then go away.

I did read online somewhere that Lollipop did away with lock screen widgets so I presumed this was an effect of that change.

scotroutes

Ah – I’m using Google Play Music and the controls stay on the lock screen

steveoath
    Free Member

Did mine today. Seems alright. Bit of a bugger that the poweramp controls aren’t on the lock screen though.

bennn
    Free Member

Just done this update on my Z1, how do you flick between tabs on Internet no? Am I bring ststooopid!?

wwaswas

Use the square button on the bottom right of the screen you use to flick between apps

scotroutes

I quite like that feature. Sort of blurs the lines between apps and browser content

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Lollipop on Z1 Compact’ is closed to new replies.