Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • logging turbo miles on strava
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

how do you do this please ?

pebblebeach
    Free Member

How do you do miles on a turbo?

Jase
    Free Member

I just upload from my Garmin and it will log whatever ‘miles’ it recorded.

carlphillips
    Free Member

ah ok, no garmin (no turbo either!) just curious to see if you could manually record “miles done”

transapp
    Free Member

And the point behind this would be…? You do realise that you’re not actually moving when on a turbo right?

druidh
    Free Member

It would be pretty pointless as the “miles done” wouldn’t equate to effort; if you set the turbo at lowest resistance you’ll get a lot more revolutions of the rear wheel per calorie burnt.

mafiafish
    Free Member

Plus you’ll have lots more ‘flat’ miles so you’ll look like a ponce.

jota180
    Free Member

As above, I can’t see why you’d want to but there’s an option to select ‘Stationary Trainer’ when you upload

If you use a phone to record it, going back and editing the workout should give you the option, on a PC at least

carlphillips
    Free Member

blimey I was just asking as i see some people logging it, as i said in the op i don’t even have a turbo, so was curious to how it worked.

ElVino

if you have a Garmin cadence / speed sensor and you disable GPS during your workout it records your distance using the wheel magnet, this is uploaded but is a little meaningless as the resistance level you choose on the turbo makes the biggest difference and that is not measured.

STATO
    Free Member

There is a stationary trainer option to click when importing a ride. Obviously this will only be worthwhile if your gps or whatever has a rear wheel sensor to track the rear wheel distance.

Plenty of people use strava as training management so entirely worthwhile if they do it to upload. Should note that i dont think the miles are added to the total YTD distance when comparing to other users.

STATO
    Free Member

It can still record speed, HR, cadence etc. all useful (for the individual) info to record if you are tracking your training.

EDIT: My trainer dosnt have a resistance setting, is that not normal? (not that i do/upload any turbo sessions)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘logging turbo miles on strava’ is closed to new replies.