Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Logan
  • funkmasterp

Mrs Funkmaster and I went to see Logan today. We went in with no preconceptions and watched no trailers beforehand. It was a thoroughly great movie. Well shot, well acted and different in tone from other superhero movies.

It came across more like a western with themes of age catching up with you, regret and redemption. I would highly recommend it even if you’re not a great fan of the whole X-men, Marvel and DC thing.

pondo

Big fan of the modern Marvel media monster, really looking forward to Logan – tomorrow night, mebbe. 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

Mods bang in a spoiler alert ffs! Off next week. My fave superhero!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jimjam
    Free Member

Being a short, angry little man prone to violent outbursts I’ve always had a softspot for Wolverine. I’m glad initial reviews are positive as we’ve been burned enough in the past – looking forward to seeing it.

funkmasterp

Mods bang in a spoiler alert ffs! Off next week. My fave superhero!

Sorry Wrighty, it wasn’t my intention to spoil it in any way 😐

Cougar

Mods bang in a spoiler alert ffs!

I’m not seeing any spoilers. Was there a ninja edit?

funkmasterp

Nope, no Ninja edits from me

wrightyson
    Free Member

It will happen though won’t it. I will now avoid this thread till next week. Very jealous of those who’ve already seen. My lad (12) is not happy I’m going without him but I ain’t risking a no entry because of my son and heir. Love him and all that but there’s times when…well uve just gotta cut you loose son 😆

senorj

Wrightyson – are you going to wear your Wolverine outfit to the cinema?
    😉

wynne
    Free Member

I’m disappointed that this thread isn’t about the rather dull Dacia car that I am going to test drive this morning.

Attempts massive thread hijack… Anyone got one?

DickBarton

So not about the Dacia…

smell_it
    Free Member

If I didn’t want spoilers I doubt I would open a thread titled ‘Logan’. The internet isn’t difficult.

But I saw it last night, and I thoroughly concur with op. I’m certainly not a have a favourite super hero type person, but really enjoyed it.

the-muffin-man

Could you watch this if you don’t know the back story. I saw some trailers for at a Crimbo and it looked good.

I don’t want to watch 5 other movies to get the plot though!

funkmasterp

It’s pretty much a stand alone film. No need to watch any others before seeing it. As long as you know a little bit about the character you’ll be good.

sonas55
    Free Member

oh thanks! thought of watching it at the weekends but was not sure because not into superhero film franchise

smell_it
    Free Member

As above, I think I’ve only seen one other X-men film, and can’t say I was impressed by that, but did enjoy Logan.

kayla1
    Free Member

We enjoyed it too. It was quite dusty in the cinema.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Big Hugh J fan. In fact we called our son Logan. (It does mean laggan as well/gid scottish name) loved this, pretty brutal and v sad but great to hear pg characters swearing like troopers.

jekkyl

any extra bits after the credits?
    you did stick around after the credits didn’t you? 😯 😛

njee20
    Free Member

Just want to add that my second cousin is in it. Ask me who he plays…!

funkmasterp

Nothing after the credits. Just a good story with a beginning, middle and end 🙂

bigjim

I thought it was excellent too, didn’t see a trailer before so was quite a surprise. Made me think about watching my dad age.

Pook

Could you watch this if you don’t know the back story

Bearing in mind the whole Wolverine story changes in every xmen film I think you’ll be fined

jekkyl

funkmasterp – Member

Nothing after the credits
    you sure?
    nsfw language and it’s terrible quality. not really any spoilers.

http://movieweb.com/deadpool-2-leaked-footage-video-logan/

funkmasterp

Definitely sure when I saw it. Nothing after the credits

Euro
    Free Member

Saw it last night with my eldest. Not what i was expecting (avoided any trailers) and all the better for it. A lot more thoughtful and brutal than your average superhero movie.

CheesybeanZ

Let me get this right Wolverine gets killed by a Ninja !!!

bigjim

Nothing after the credits for us either sadly

njee20
    Free Member

Well fine, if no one’s going to play! My second cousin is Logan. Yes, Hugh Jackman. I know, I’m awesome, by proxy. You may all kiss my hand.

No, I’ve never met him.

funkmasterp

Professor X is from my home town and his parents lived around the corner from us. Can I be awesome too?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m, oddly, tempted by this film. After seeing Mark Kermode give it the thumbs up this morning, sing its praises nay, loved it.
    But I hate all those odd Marvel characters, find the whole “Wolverine, Green Arrow” stuff just too comedic. But Mark says it’s nothing like that, that its subtle and thought provoking.

So I’m off to see it Monday evening.

Daffy

I thought it was excellent and very emotive for an X-Men film. The dystopian future was just real enough to make it seem plausible and seeing the effects of time and age was quite powerful…y’know, for a superhero film.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Fantastic, really wanted to see it after the interview with Hugh jackman on r5 yep he properly got in character for that one. Excellent film and a great way to go where it was going. Western was used a lot and it’s spot on.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and for anyone who missed the interview it’s very good
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04txhjc

Nico
    Free Member

So this is not about the Dacia car? Disappointed.

dashed
    Free Member

I’m in the minority then? Didn’t rate it or think it was anywhere near as good as some of the other X Men films. Had potential but I got a bit bored of watching another claws-through-brains sequence…

gonefishin
    Free Member

I think you are certainly in the minority on that one. That said anyone expecting to see an X men/superhero movie is going to be disappointed. I’d class it more of a family road trip movie than anything else.

bigjim

How do I get an upper body like Huge Jackman?

funkmasterp

I’m in the minority then? Didn’t rate it or think it was anywhere near as good as some of the other X Men films.

That’s exactly why I liked it. Reminded me of Children Of Men.

How do I get an upper body like Huge Jackman?

Become an actor / really rich and dedicate a lot of time to working out. Number of free hours each day or hiring a personal trainer must be two of the factors.

CountZero

But I hate all those odd Marvel characters, find the whole “Wolverine, Green Arrow” stuff just too comedic.

Arrow’s a DC character…
    #pedantalert

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Logan’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts