Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Log cutting TrackWorld
  • slowoldgit
    Free Member

Does anyone know of a log-sawing trestle they’d recommend? One that has a securing chain or similar, for amateur use.

PePPeR

The one that secures the chainsaw is the best I’ve seen.

I quite fancy one!

Nice short link below 😉

thecaptain
    Free Member

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BULK-LOG-STAND-SAW-HORSE-MULTI-WOOD-HOLDER-FOR-CHAINSAW-CUTTING-SAWHORSE-bls2-/

neat idea, you can saw a whole lot of logs efficiently.

Dont buy the £999 version 🙂

kilo

I’ve got one like the screwfix link Great bit of kit means when working alone you can go quickly and be safe

andrw13
    Free Member

My vote goes to Truncator

burko73

My vote goes to the oregon easy cut saw horse. I have a log business with a big splitter and a processor and I use one of these at home to saw up previously split metre lengths. Perfect.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Belt in 2 rows of stakes. Pile logs in and cut. Way quicker than continuously loading. Wood means that you can push your luck if the lengths you want don’t match the uprights.
    Also the idea of paying for something bemuses me.

richmars

I made one like in the ebay link thecaptain put up. Very easy to make, and works well. Just load it up and 4-5 cuts and that’s it. You don’t have to keep putting the saw down to move/load logs, and it keeps them in place when you’re cutting them.

burko73

I made something similar to the easy cut out of wood. Thing was it was so heavy to get the same strength/ stiffness it was a pig to move about and took up loads of space. Easycut folds flat and goes in shed!

siwhite
    Free Member

Another vote for the Screwfix version above, easy and safe for solo working.

Waderider
    Free Member

Bloody hell make a saw house out of 4×2 and old pallets and get on with it. Total cost £8.30 for screws and coach bolts.

burko73

Bloody hell, buy a bike! I made mine out of wood with a couple of old wheelbarrow wheels, just got on with it!

Waderider
    Free Member

Oi, yer plagiarizing my deriding style of posting!

Waderider
    Free Member

Bloody consumerists.

TheDTs
    Free Member

This type are quite good, if you have larger diameter logs. the stack it in ones are good if you have smaller branches, I suppose.

timber

When we have stuff to log manually we just do it where it sits in the stack to save double handling. Just avoid cutting through the ones at the bottom so you don’t blunt the saw on the ground.

Logs at the bottom get cut through 80% then rolled over to finish cutting to keep the chain good.

Edit to add: using the dogs on the saw will help stop stuff from bouncing around

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Log cutting TrackWorld’ is closed to new replies.