Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Log cutterists of STW – Don't try this at home kids
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

This looks pretty dangerous to me.

[video]http://youtu.be/y_1Jh4ETLCM[/video]

Stoner
    Free Member

linked vid:

It would appear that this is a “thing” 😯

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYQKPQTl9q0#t=10[/video]

wwaswas

even if they put a bar 6″ above the chain it woudl stop you falling into it and setting it off it woudl be 10x safer 😯

People will take any risk to make a job take ten minutes less, won;t they?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    McHamish
    Free Member

I can’t see how that is making it any faster. In that second clip, you could put that log in a decent saw horse and get through it hand holding that saw.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Aside from the safety issues, it looks like this is really only good for thinner stuff as in the first video. Even then I’d expect my saw horse to be as quick.

jimjam
    Free Member

Would not want to stumble near that.

rosscopeco
    Free Member

That gives me the shivers just looking at it. What would happen if the chain hits a nail or metal object imbedded in the wood? That’s happened to me several times over the last few years…you can at least man handle the saw back / away from the obstruction. Still got the shivers thinking about that vid.

….and that second vid….not even gloves (not that they’d have helped)…I did like his diamond jumper though!

footflaps

Truly scary, one trip and it would cut his neck off in seconds…..

jimjam
    Free Member

lol at “cut his neck off”

griffiths1000
    Free Member

T1000
    Free Member

the owner of that saw is going to end up with the kind of handshake that would scare a member of the Yakuza

rusty90
    Free Member

I use one similar to this. Quicker, safer and easier on the back than using a chainsaw freehand with a log horse

The-Beard

What would happen if the chain hits a nail or metal object imbedded in the wood?

This. If the object being cut gets caught on the saw then the person holding said object could get pulled into the saw, if the object being cut gets kicked off the saw then the person holding it gets a face full of log. Either way it’s Darwinism at it’s finest.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Log cutterists of STW – Don't try this at home kids’ is closed to new replies.