Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Log burner surround
  • Rockhopper
    Free Member

Any suggestions on how to finish this off?

The rest of the chimney breast is painted lining paper as the plaster isn’t good enough to paint. Should I paint the chamber itself the same red colour? I feel that maybe it should be lighter. How can I wallpaper up to the edge? Maybe a bit of metal angle to finish it of and hide the edge? Help!

Stoner
    Free Member

vajazzle the shit out of it!

or just paint it 🙂

Rockhopper
    Free Member

🙂

mj27
    Free Member

Just paint it the same colour as the rest of the chimney breast,they see if you feel the need to add a mantle. We fitted an oak one whilst having a mirror above, then the Mrs arranged ornaments on it and complained when I messed it up with keys/phone/wallet…

yetidave
    Free Member

we are painting ours tonight, will live with it over Christmas to see if we want a mantle or not, if we do, slab of slightly dressed oak bolted to the wall…

sharkbait
    Free Member

I hate lining paper and I’m on a mission on our house to remove it and have the relevant walls skimmed.
    If it had been me I would have removed the lining paper from the whole chimney breast and skimmed it. BUT you haven’t so just paint it and hope the difference between the papered and unpapered sections isn’t too noticeable – or line the chimney breast again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Log burner surround’ is closed to new replies.