Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Log Burner owners which Flue Brushes ??
  • blastit
    Free Member

Getting a bit peed off wrestling with the rather stiff draining rods so looking at some others. So any of you log burner guys and gals got some that do the job exceptionally well !!!! or are they not worth it ??? Seen these on ebay , any good ? or do I need to spend more?
    brushes

neilnevill
    Free Member

They should work and rotary brushes are pretty good, although I opted to spend about £100 on some better ones as the thought of a broken connector leaving rods and brushes stuck put me off the cheap ones. Ammortise the cost over there life time and it’s not much.

granny_ring

Yeah mine were over £100 on Ebay and the brushes had more bristles than that.
    They’ve paid for themselves 3 times over.

EDIT

Can’t see it on Ebay anymore but whole kit looks something like THIS

neilnevill
    Free Member

Yeah they look like my rods, but my head is a bit different, with replaceable bristles. If you want I can dig them out and give you the brand name tomorrow….I need to sweep the flue anyway.

I ballsed up but I’d recommend rods that lock together rather than screw together, I find unscrewing the rods on the down stoke hard, as the rotary action does them up together tight! I need mole grips to get enough purchase on the upper rod before I can unscrew the lower! At least I won’t lose a rod up the flue if i knock the drill into reverse.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Oh and with rotary brushes its not just the connectors which get stressed, if you get stuck feeding for a moment but don’t stop the drill then friction can heat a rod where it touches a bend in the flue. I think better rods are supposed to be more heat resistant.

ourmaninthenorth

Never heard of rotary rods before..!

I have some flexible rods to deal with the bends (twinwall glue all the way – no chimney) and just do the twist by hand all the way up and down.

Bought from eBay – label on postage tube says Burns Bros. Smethwick Ltd….

Drac

I bought the cheap ones from Scewfix they’ve been great the last few years,

blastit
    Free Member

cheers guys will have a look at them

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Log Burner owners which Flue Brushes ??’ is closed to new replies.