Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • @loco – Pike 150 to 160 swap question
  • fozzybear
    Free Member

I know from a previous thread I can convert my 150 pikes to 160.
    any idea of the following please;

when the parts will land?
    Cost of parts?
    will a basic spanner monkey like me be able to fit it?

thx

enigmas
    Free Member

Interested in this as well,

Also, does anyone know if the RC damper is effectively the same as the RCT3, just without the 3 stage lockout? Is there any difference in performance when both are fully open etc?

There’s doesn’t appear to much much difference between the two in the exploded drawing’s in SRAM’s Tech docs.

fozzybear
    Free Member

The RC is different to the RCT3.

look on the service manual for the Pike and you will see the numerous different parts that are needed for the RCT3 compared to the RC.

plyphon
    Free Member

Err – why don’t you guys phone Loco? Or at least submit them an email to their own address?

fozzybear
    Free Member

phone = i’m at work
    e-mail = work email doesn’t allow none verified email to be sent.

STW is one of the only WWW sites that doesn’t get filtered.

Either way how i contact someone is none of your business.

Jamie
    Free Member

Posting on a public forum, you open it up to be anyones business

So stop being so mardy.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I don’t really care either way, but from the rules “No ‘Paging…’ threads. They only gum up the forum. If a user wants to be contacted their email address will be on their profile page.”

😉

fozzybear
    Free Member

I’m not being mardy, i’m having a lovely relaxed Friday FYI.
    Thanks for your input as to my mood though.

Jamie
    Free Member

Thanks for your input as to my mood though.

Sorry. You’re right, I didn’t mean mardy. I meant passive agrrrrresive 8)

nealy
    Free Member

Find the part number in the Rockshox parts catalog (e.g.11.4018.026.000), google it and find a shop that has it in stock and ships to the UK

fozzybear
    Free Member

hahahahahaha 😆

Again thanks for concern about my mood, its made friday even better for me knowing others care. 🙂

Hope yours is going well too.

fozzybear
    Free Member

Nealy – i have downloaded the manual from RS and it’s not in stock in the UK.
    Most suppliers in the UK are awaiting parts.

I remember a thread where Loco stated he was getting some soon and would know a price soon.

thedude
    Free Member

I’m also interested in what the difference is between the rct3 and rc when run fully open.

enigmas
    Free Member

The RC is different to the RCT3.

look on the service manual for the Pike and you will see the numerous different parts that are needed for the RCT3 compared to the RC.

The only additional part, other than the adjusters on the crown, is the ‘Compression Cam Assembly’. I’m not sure whether that’s a more advanced form of compression control, or if it’s just to allow low speed compression adjustment + the 3 position threshold.

plyphon
    Free Member

fozzybear
    Free Member

toons – Filtered by our systems sadly.
    If it’s the bit out the service manual about reducing the height i’ve seen that. The 150 has a different (read shorter) internal than the 160.
    i’ve been told you can pop the 160 version into 150 forks and take them up to 160 height.

i’ll look when at home later.
    thanks

LoCo
    Free Member

Hi you wouldn’t have got me on the phone anyway as we’re closed this afternoon as I’m ill, air assms. Will be about £35. Think they still had an eta of ‘to be confirmed’ and yes should be fairly easy to fit

fozzybear
    Free Member

Thanks Loco, get well soon fella.

Suppose it will be ages until the importers get them now…

LoCo
    Free Member

Will check when on their site next, we have them on back order, off too curl up in a ball under the duvet now :-/

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘@loco – Pike 150 to 160 swap question’ is closed to new replies.