Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Locked out of house how much am I looking at to get in?
  • postierich
    Free Member

Stupidly left keys in house when I went to work this morning wife on train to London and not back for two days!!
    How much for a locksmith to get me in?

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Can you not just put a card through the door and go and sleep in the sorting office till the wife comes and collects you?

cinnamon_girl

Cost me £100 on a weekend. 😐

dknwhy

Depends how many locks, type and method of entry. Anywhere between £60-£200.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Couple of nights in a travel lodge might work out cheaper?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Would it be cheaper to go stay in a hotel?

hora
    Free Member

Personally I’d smash a small window if you know you can open the other side.

Same with a door. Your in the lakes so I imagine old wooden doors? Should be a starter?

deejayen
    Free Member

Sorry to hear about your quandary, but this

Can you not just put a card through the door and go and sleep in the sorting office till the wife comes and collects you?

is funny!

senorj

My missus did this twice in a month -£120 each time!!
    Oof -in the slats.

siwhite
    Free Member

What type of locks, front door and windows do you have? I can possibly help you get in with minimal damage – have you got access to any tools? A chisel? A big pair of pliers?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’d be busting a window in..

postierich
    Free Member

Daughter in tow someone coming in 30mins to unlock the locks 🙁 I dare not ask how much no call out charge though!

frankconway

Go see wife in London; she can take you to dinner; stay overnight; call work – take a sickie; home in morning with wife’s keys…………sorted.

postierich
    Free Member

Stemcdef very good they would probably lose me! Windows all double glazed its now friggin raining!!!

footflaps

You need a key safe, very handy for such situations…

porter_jamie

You could probably snap the lock if it’s a eurocylinder

wwaswas

Or just neighbours you trust…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ah, double glazing. Ok, then locksmith it is and take the hit.

Shall we have a guessing game as to the cost?

I reckon…£140

footflaps

Or just neighbours you trust…

We have both, we both know the combos to each other’s key safes….

postierich
    Free Member

In 5 min job!! could not open the front door but surprise surprise the patio doors were done in a flash!

75 quid 🙁 there goes a new tyre for the fattie

There is a combination safe lock outside but never asked the old owners what the number was 🙁

bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

Get yourself on Plenty of Fish

angeldust
    Free Member

Could you not have switched the stickers round on the locksmiths price list to save some money?

MrPottatoHead

About 20 years ago my parents went to America for 2 weeks – the first time I’d been left ‘Home Alone’. They left me £100 for food. I don’t think they’d even landed at JFK before that money had been spent on a locksmith!

postierich
    Free Member

Plenty of Fish??

deadkenny
    Free Member

Varies a lot on the complexity and the cheek of the locksmith. £100ish is typical.

I had no choice but to go with whatever I could find. Shifty looking bloke turns up, shoves a gadget through the letterbox, and done within 5 minutes. £100 please. Cheap Yale lock job. Scarily easy to break in!

Doors and locks replaced soon after that with much more sturdy stuff, multi point locks, deadlocks and I always always double lock now going out. Also I can’t just pull the door and lock myself out. I have to actually lock it.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Locked out of house how much am I looking at to get in?’ is closed to new replies.