Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Lock Stock and two smoking swords?
  • graemecsl
    Free Member

Out Friday, anyone going?

I love his movies am still gutted RocknRolla 2 never made it.

Looking forward to King Arthur Legend of the Sword or whatever it’s called…

Drac

Nope one for TV I reckon.

funkmasterp

From what little I’ve seen it doesn’t look great. Think I’ll be waiting until it’s on Netflix or Prime.

spacemonkey

It’s Guy Ritchie. What does one expect.

I’ll no doubt watch it on the box at some point. Would much rather see a Cornwell adaption, but sadly that ain’t gonna happen.

jon1973
    Free Member

The only clip I’ve seen is the one with David Beckham in it. Based on that, I’ll probably wait until it comes out on TV. Nothing against Beckham, by the way, but he’s no actor.

scaredypants

awww, you missed a great opportuniy to say “he’s no Vinny Jones” 😀

jon1973
    Free Member

d’oh

jimjam
    Free Member

There’s only so much you can glean from a trailer but I think it might be so bad it’s good. I’ve seen two trailers now and other than the fact that there is an evil wizard and a sword in a stone it just looks like noise and mess.

And I know Arthur’s gambeson might have some historicity, but it looks like a fancy hipster jacket making every clip of him look stupid. Oh well.

John Boorman’s Excalibur is one of my favourite films of all time and proof that it’s possible to make a great Arthurian film. I’m generally against remakes but if Guy Ritchie had used that film as a road map and just revamped it I think it could have been great.

graemecsl
    Free Member

spacemonkey – Member
    It’s Guy Ritchie. What does one expect.

Great entertainment and a supply of one liners that will last me for the next ten years.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I haven’t seen any trailers but suspect it’ll be something I like. Guy Ritchie’s a great director for making really entertaining films. Sherlock Holmes, Lock Stock, Snatch.

Who saw the Snatch TV series. Really fantastic.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5992164/

bodgy
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to it – but I’m hoping it’s going to be more Sons of Avalon, than Lock Stock-ish.

DezB
    Free Member

Sherlock Holmes, Lock Stock, Snatch

2nd 2 were great, first one, bleedin awful. (poster’s order, not film release!)

kimbers

I’m sorry but Guy Ritchie made 2 good films 20 years ago and has been a joke ever since.

This looks like a stinker from the trailer and the reviews from the states mean that the next 5 planned films have now been axed

There’s also no way it could top Charlie Boormans 1981 epic

[video]https://youtu.be/y3cXcS49D64[/video]

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

+1 Boorman.
    +1 a The Winter King adaption for starters

zilog6128

Great entertainment and a supply of one liners that will last me for the next ten years.

As above, he made 2 excellent films 20 years ago & nothing has come close since (although I found both Rock N Rolla & Sherlock Holmes very entertaining – highly unlikely he’ll reach even those heights again IMO).

Will check it out, nowt to do with GR though!

atlaz
    Free Member

It was awful. Each episode was the same as Lock Stock or Snatch only shorter, less well written and poorly acted. It might have been better if he’d just made more Sherlock Holmes films.

crazy-legs

It got an absolute slating in reviews and had the worst opening weekend in years in American cinemas.

The David Beckahm cameo was singled out for being particularly awful.

gifferkev

Saw it last night at the local Vue.
    Entertaining enough, not the car crash the reviews claim, but certainly not a great film.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Nothing to do with GR, atlaz.

atlaz
    Free Member

Oh, a new derived series. My mistake. As you were.

jimjam
    Free Member

I thought talk about a David Beckham cameo was a joke 😕 😆

jimjam
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qksOTtYKq8[/video]

mudshark
    Free Member

Is atlaz talking about the TV series Lock, Stock…? From what I remember it was pretty good.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Lock Stock and two smoking swords?’ is closed to new replies.