Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Lock out on Fox Forks has stopped working…any ideas ?
  • excitable1
    Free Member

Fox Factory Fit RLC 32’s (Kashima) 2012 (not the CTD version)….

Stopped locking out yesterday. You can still feel them stopping when you have the lock out on but only towards the bottom of the travel.

Tried bleeding the cartridge by slowing the rebound right down and bouncing a few times (as suggested by Mojo) but still the same. Checked the pressure and all good at 75 psi. The swith itself is all good and the lockout force is set to max. Even Mojo are foxed (haha 🙄 ) without seeing them yet)) and have said they very rarely have a problem with the cartridge in these forks.

Any ideas and experiences of the same thing anyone ?

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I was gonna suggest the same thing as Mojo… hummmmph…

Only other idea I can suggest is to simply try riding them with the compression completely off. Perhaps something will swish into the right bit again after a few miles or so..?

LoCo
    Free Member

Only ones I’ve seen do anything vaguely like that had a tear in the bladder allowing oil out, but as already said the RLC FIT carts. are pretty reliable if serviced every 12 to 18 months.

excitable1
    Free Member

No sign of any oil leaking out of anywhere. It’s bizarre, one minute they were working fine then mid ride on a climb I switched them over to lock them out….. sod all. Only a month short of 12 months old too so not due a service yet.

No_eyed_deer – I assume you mean the low speed compression setting at the top of the fork and running that all the way out for a bit ? There’s nothing else on the fork apart from the Force Lock Out …Manual

dmorts

Sounds like they’re still under warranty then? I can testify that Mojo are quick, but still a pain if you only have one bike and can’t ride while they’re fixed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Lock out on Fox Forks has stopped working…any ideas ?’ is closed to new replies.