• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by nikk.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Loch Shiel – Moidart
  • DavidB
    Free Member

Anyone ridden the track to the right of Loch Shiel?

Would it be ok on a cx bike. Given the rider has 800 miles in his legs and is carrying a seatpack? Or should I stick to the A road

scotroutes

Hi Dave

Yes – the track will be fine for you. The approach from Strontian is a bit short and steep – passing the mine workings (assuming you are sticking to the tarmac).

trademark
    Free Member

Never cycled it but when I’ve paddled Loch Shiel I’ve noted that the bits of track I glimpsed looked CX-able.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DavidB
    Free Member

Thanks scotroutes. Any food at Strontian?

scotroutes

Yep. Nice wee cafe on the village green. Place next door does bike hire so might be handy for spares etc.

heihei

Also nice cafe at the Visitors Centre at Ariundle. Only time I rode that track, we got overtaken by the postman in his van, so reckon you’re good on a CX!

connect2

If by right hand side you mean East, I did it a few weeks ago on a road bike with 25mm Luganos. Had to take it easy on a couple of rough bits but no bother otherwise

nikk
    Free Member

Done it a couple of times. It’s a logging road, fairly easy going, marginally rough or soft in places, fairly flat. Should be ok on CX bike and way more direct than road!

At 37 seconds:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvosdNO_vI4[/video]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Loch Shiel – Moidart’ is closed to new replies.