Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Location of coolant temp sensor on 2004 transit van?
  • larry

Hello folks, does anyone know where this is on a 2004 diesel transit van, it does not want to start in the morning when cold and I changed one of these on my Ka with the same problem and it worked a treat so for a few quid I thought it was worth a punt but I can’t find the bloomin thing!! Cheers in advance.

trail_rat
    Free Member

changing random parts without propper diagnosis is a surefire way to spend alot of money.

it could be any number of sensors giving a false reading or your glow plugs gone tits up, bad earthing

or if its anything like my dads 08 transit it could just be a randomly occuring electrical short. bloody thing randomly wont start unless bumped, even with a jump it wont turn over – and its not a jammed starter we changed it out.

once you find the coolant sensor , pull the plug out and try and start it with the sensor out of the circuit- if its a bad reading from the sensor it should start when unplugged.

edit , once you get it started in the morning does it then start fine for the rest of the day , ime a dodgy coolant sensor gives more issue when the engines warm and you go to start it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Location of coolant temp sensor on 2004 transit van?’ is closed to new replies.