Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Local shop and cashback help
  • bobbyg81
    Free Member

I bought a fivers worth of shopping in my local shop and asked for £80 cashback. The woman said it hadnt went through properly. I took her at her word and withdrew money from their cash machine and just paid for my shopping.

Just checked my bank and they have took the £85 out of my account by debit aswell as the cash machine withdrawal. Do I have a leg to stand on in getting my money back? I am hoping that when I show them the money was taken out of my account, they will reimburse me ,but as it has only been open a month I have no idea if they will.

tomhoward

Call the store, explain what happened, ask them to check the tills, surely an £80 discrepancy would show up?

ski
    Free Member

tomhoward – Member
    Call the store, explain what happened, ask them to check the tills, surely an £80 discrepancy would show

Unless the cashier pocketed it?

ojom
    Free Member

CCTV at shop? also, aren’t you meant to initial a receipt?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

+1 thebikechain

bobbyg81
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies folks. I went in this morning andthe boss was in. I told him what happened and he remembered. He was there when it happened. He just gave me the money without me showing him by bank statement! I was shocked. I was convinced I was going to have a fight on my hands to get the cash back.

So there are some decent, honest people out there.

joao3v16
    Free Member

So there are some decent, honest people out there.

Woah there, hold your horses, calm down, don’t get carried away.

All that this event shows us for absolute certain is that there is 1 decent, honest person out there.

😈

bobbyg81
    Free Member

Woah there, hold your horses, calm down, don’t get carried away.

All that this event shows us for absolute certain is that there is 1 decent, honest person out there.

I’m back to my senses. The relief of getting my money back was playing havic with my sense of reality!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Either that or he was in on the scam and, when rumbled, he just made the standard excuse he rolls out to everyone when they go back in questioning the ‘mistake’.

😈

Pembo
    Free Member

He didn’t have any way of getting in touch with the OP so had to wait until he went back to the shop. Depends if you are glass half-full or half-empty person mastiles 😉

JonBoy
    Free Member

Maybe not so honest and you caught them. This happened to my OH in a local shop. (£10) I went back and woman on till says they wern’t up on till. She made a real fuss so manager looked at cctv after I left only to see her pocketing the money. We got money back and £50 store credit.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Local shop and cashback help’ is closed to new replies.