Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Local plod in my face!
  • slowmart
    Free Member

samuri
    Free Member

Private land signs mean nothing at all. It’s certainly not a criminal offence.

piemonster

I struggle with long sentences

Co-Op carpark, private property.

It’s a civil matter not criminal. Plods being a nob. They must be human too.

Um, what samuri said

uselesshippy
    Free Member

NWA.
    **** the police.
    Cant be bothered to post a link from my phone 😀

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

I know that this will be a difficult thi g to grasp before researching and from my experience I have been caught out by engaging in communication by entering as they see it a conversation. Now this is the tricky bit to get your head around,,,

You need ‘t had responded to him especially since having replied to his oi you gesture and statements.
    I got caught out recently by an assuming PC who tried to get me to respond to her assumptions to suit the answer she was desperately looking for, for a quick arrest but actually turned into me entering a conversation by saying after asked once, my name.

In the future however if I am not caught of guard for something I am unaware of then I will not utter my name even a hello to any questions or gestures to an officer.

Idpcc are your main point of call if you deem the complaint of incompetent policing as they are working to aid the majority of public. But as we know for long time, they are the servants of the revenue collection service for central govt.
    Shame on them.

If there’s one thing to remember, that it is almost 100% always best not to say a damn word when posed with a question directly by a PC.

Good day to you!
    :d

Cougar

“It’s private land, jog on.”

Kevevs
    Free Member

cop just sounds like a bit of a tool to me. Get ’em in all walks of life. Ho hum!

deluded
    Free Member

side road which leads to the exit

Is this on a public highway or does it form part of the car park?

Please provide a Google Map link.

Lets clarify the position on this before all the usual doughnuts rock up giving it the large on the law.

beagle
    Free Member

As I said, the paint has been down 2 months, if that.

The side road is a public road, from which you turn off into the car park. Simples.

deluded
    Free Member

I’m not interested in paint drying.

Is it a sign on a public highway that you have contravened in accordance with s.36 of the RTA 1988?

Kevevs
    Free Member

“sorry officer, they must’ve changed the markings on the carpark since I was here.”

“I see. honest mistake. Don’t do it again”

conversation over. Guess you had to be there eh?!

Edit: aye, stick a google streetview link up. I’d be interested in this one as I sometimes work in a supermarket carpark.

beagle
    Free Member

As far as I’m concerned it’s directional signage ‘exit/no entry’ placed by the store
    or owners of the car park. From what I understand, it was requested as all the parents would park there at school kicking out time and havoc ensued with reversing 4x4s going in both directions through a car park which can hold 20-25 cars tops.

The sign isn’t one in the highway code, if that helps.

Off to bed. Had too many lectures today!

deluded
    Free Member

What is your problem?

1) That there was NO breach of the RTA 88??

2) That the officer was officious?

3) Both?

Is the Co-Op incidental to this story? Did you enter a ROAD that is no entry?

Google Map image please … or it didn’t happen 😀

bonchance
    Free Member

Onceinalifetime = amanfrommars? Style seems similar. Thank you please.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Cop was a tool. Doing trafficky stuff FFS 🙄

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bizzies Bizzyin’!

What does one expect at this time of year when there are immigrants stealing dogs from our childrens’ faces and not talking English. Haven’t they anything better to do. Flippin’ Polis.

Can someone tell me what language Onceinalifetime is speaking? It vaguely resembles English, but I can’t understand it.

deviant
    Free Member

Onceinalifetime…..be careful with the stance of ignoring a copper who is asking you questions, they can make life very difficult for you if you want to act the clever dick.

I saw a lad try this exact thing, in the end he was arrested and taken to the station so they could verify his identification…..remember kids you can be arrested simply on suspicion of an offence and a wily old copper will usually succeed in inconveniencing you far more than the other way round.

From your original post it appears you failed the attitude test, rather than a cheery “sorry officer I had no idea” and defusing the situation you tried to argue your point (rightly or wrongly) and this almost always ends badly.

I’ve got away with all sorts of stuff involving the Police (nothing serious admittedly) by simply being courteous.

petrieboy

The “private property” defence is nonsense I’m afraid, may be private property but its one where the public are allowed access so most of the road traffic act applies.

bren2709

Isn’t STW forum great, so any experts! 😉 😆

andymc06
    Free Member

Onceinalifetime does your name refer to the frequency with which you post good advice?

Refuse to speak to a copper who may have reasonable suspicion of an offence and you can look forward to wasting several hours at the local station.

Copper does sound like a tool in this case but we have but one side of the story……..

slowmart
    Free Member

Just like money doesn’t buy taste having a love for mountain biking doesn’t exclude total knobs from the past time.

aracer
    Free Member

Here’s something that was said earlier……

Must have been quite a bit earlier, given Terry Leahy retired from Tesco over 18 months ago.

kevin1911

Should have reminded him that you pay his wages. He’d have seen sense after that I’m sure. 👿

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

andymc lol completely incorrect judgement as you do not know at the time of the PC trying to Q me and accuse me when her colleague was not present for a few mins prior to her joining in to watch over the questioning.

Maybe that’s because you were not physically located where I was at the time! Simples!

andymc06
    Free Member

What I said is correct. Your advice is nonsense. I don’t need to have been there to comment on your advice.

You are indeed simple.

Northwind

piemonster – Member

I struggle with long sentences

Co-Op carpark, private property.

It’s a civil matter not criminal. Plods being a nob. They must be human too.

RTA applies in public car parks, private property not relevant.

Policeman sounds like a knob though. But legality or not, driving against the directed flow of traffic just isn’t a great idea.

wordnumb
    Free Member

“…if it ain’t the law, I’ll make it the law.”

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Local plod in my face!’ is closed to new replies.