Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Local news say that NHS to open “memory clinics” in every town
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

…um, nope, its gone. 🙄

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Ha! They’re not ‘memory clinics’, they’re places where They will brainwash you, and you will become like cattle to Them.

But not me; oh no. For I have seen the Truth.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

They only work if you remember to go to them

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Memory clinics – Assess cognitive impairment, diagnose dementia provide and review medication – if your lucky they will also provide some form of cognitive (psychosocial) rehab – most mental health trusts or PCTs have them already – ultimately they will most likely fail as personal experience suggest that they are not very cost effective (staff waiting around due to non attendance) people do forget to turn up – this is part of what I do for a living & I’m not holding my breath while its deemed a success.

Interestingly – Lord Darsi commented that If the Dementia strategy was announced in Feb (it was due last Nov) then it would be too late for trust to include it in the plans for the 09-10 financial year

MrNutt
    Free Member

I used to know a lass that worked on a dementia ward, it was a shame to see the koshing that used to go on with anti-psycotics, like an aged one flew over the cookoos nest, one fella used to keep escaping and fighting jerry in the woods nearby 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Local news say that NHS to open “memory clinics” in every town’ is closed to new replies.