Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Local News at it's finest
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Anonymous person saw nothing, heard nothing and knows nothing, but it’s still considered a newsworthy quote!

“One woman from the nearby flats, who did not want to be named, did not hear the impact of the collision.

She said: “I didn’t know anything about it, it’s surprising as I’m usually a very light sleeper. It must have been very serious.

“People could have been standing right by the bus stop, what would have happened then?

“How the Hell could that have happened.”

http://www.essexlive.news/harlow-crash-pictures-show-devastating-collision/story-30174164-detail/story.html

scaredypants

shame she didn’t refuse to comment, too 🙁

Anonymous person saw nothing, heard nothing and knows nothing, and is saying nothing

Drac

The BBC will have an expert in at 9 to give their opinion.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

The BBC will have an ‘expert’ in at 9 to give their opinion.

FTFY 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The BBC will have an expert in at 9 LIVE at the scene to give their opinion.

Drac

Yes that was the joke and you’ve ruined it. I’m going home.

Wait Captain fixed it.

martinhutch

Shitty, pointless vox pops are the lifeblood of local journalism. That one is is no worse than most of the ‘speak your brains’ quotes they stick in.

DezB
    Free Member

They’ve worked really hard on researching and establishing to facts before publishing that story. Excellent journalism!
    Are these types of stories just there to lure people in to the fascinating

“What <insert 90s celeb name here> looks like now is stunnning!” clickbait bollox?

scaredypants

Dez, I clicked on that. You won’t believe what I saw next

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

…and I couldn’t believeit when I saw what their net worth is!

molgrips
    Free Member

They’ve worked really hard on researching and establishing to facts before publishing that story.

She really did see nothing, so it’s pretty good accurate news reporting I reckon.

DezB
    Free Member

She really did see nothing, so it’s pretty good accurate news reporting I reckon.

I meant all the “may”s “might of”s and wereallyhavenoideawhathappenedherebutdohavephotos crap in the rest of the story. Unnamed flat woman is the most factual part of the whole thing!

Stoner
    Free Member

Barry on Twitter (@monkeyspunkhandler) thinks it’s all down to immigration. What do you think? Get involved and have your say at @locostjournalism

molgrips
    Free Member

Unnamed flat woman is the most factual part of the whole thing!

You want the moon on a stick you do.

cranberry
    Free Member

The BBC will have an expert in at 9 LIVE at where the scene was or might be later in the day to give their opinion.

And 2 different people from the left to have a “balanced” discussion back in the studio.

johnx2
    Free Member

Sorry but if she ain’t angry she ain’t getting in…

http://apiln.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

(angry people in local newspapers. Very good and not clickbait honest. A worthy ambition would be to appear in this. Preferably with arms folded, angrily, in front of a parking sign.)

rusty90
    Free Member

Preferably with arms folded, angrily, in front of a parking sign

Or pointing. ‘Residents fury at pothole nightmare’ isn’t complete without a picture of some old codger pointing at a barely discernible dimple in the road surface.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Or a collection of sad looking children and angry mothers standing by a road crossing / proposed site of mobile mast, etc.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

As someone who has to take those pics for local papers I can assure you that the same thoughts go through our minds.

johnx2
    Free Member

@Rusry90 – You’re right actually. Maybe I could have one arm folded and point with the other?

(Must be careful to avoid confusion with that meme from a couple of years ago of people pointing at things.)

johnx2
    Free Member

@eddibaby – cool! But don’t be modest. How much of your work is in “Angry people…”?

Drac

Barry on Twitter (@monkeyspunkhandler) thinks it’s all down to immigration. What do you think? Get involved and have your say at @locostjournalism

@shortsightedcodger This won’t happen once we finally leave the EU.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

It is split equally between sad people, angry people, happy people and dogs. Luckily its only part of the job.
    The wierdest part is when you’re photographing friends of some dead teen and as soon as they see the camera they do the selfie pose thing and you have to gradually move them from their ‘cool’ face to their sad face.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Local News at it's finest’ is closed to new replies.