Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Local Councils… (planning, taxi ranks, etc)
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

I'm not liking mine at the moment, do they need planning permission to put taxi ranks where ever they damn well like or can they just do it?

Onzadog
    Free Member

If they want them to be enforceable, they need to go in by order. As such, they will need to consult with those directly affected and publicly advertise their plans. During the consultation or advertising phase, you can object. However, your objection would need toi be on strong highways related grounds. "I don't like taxi drivers" isn't going to cut it. Best best, see if you can get a local councillor opn side. Better still, you local portfolio holder for the relevant department.

Out of interest, why don't you like them?

rkk01
    Free Member

Planning Permnission isn't required by Local Authorities for lots of development that Joe Public would be required to get permission for.

Been working on a project recently for a Government Quango – and advised them to get the Council to do it to dodge Planning

coffeeking
    Free Member

Out of interest, why don't you like them?

Probably because along with taxi ranks come queues of late night drunken morons making a noise while they wait, taxi's constantly starting and stopping their engines outside your window, increased difficulty getting into/out of your own property.

Must be horrible to have that forced on you.

Onzadog
    Free Member

The OP didn't say whether on not they were outside his front door. It's unusual to put them is residential areas as large numbers of people often don't need a taxi from a resi area.

MrNutt
    Free Member

coffeeking has it right on the button. 🙁

I like taxi drivers, I hate my local council.

Onzadog
    Free Member

MrNutt, is this going to be right outside your residence? If so, you have genuine grounds for objection and should get a local councillor on side. They will have been consulted but would have offered no objection unless a constituant encourages them to.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Local Councils… (planning, taxi ranks, etc)’ is closed to new replies.