Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Local cats using my pea shingle as a communal toilet
  • spooked
    Free Member

Does anyone have any recommendations to prevent it happening? Other than flame thrower, machine gun, Boris’s water cannon etc.

Are there pellets or something else that would work?

Thanks for any help. My cycling shoes are now in the washing machine having been coated in the stuff.

Just as a thought….. BB gun….. I suppose that would be deemed cruel…….

Cougar

And illegal.

Orange peel perhaps. Mate of mine swears by lion poo he got off the Internet.

KonaTC

I use Jeyes Fluid seem to deter the cats in my street

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

have a similar problem, but with foxes….

seriously considering a cage trap.

spooked
    Free Member

Will try the orange peel in that case. My shoes were bad enough with cats mess let alone if I trod in lions. I can imagine its bigger. The trap won’t work. I will just end up with a collection of cats 🙂

Thanks for the help.

ianmoody
    Free Member

I used a cage trap once to try catching a cat. I was intending tying a note to the collar and sending it off home. (or dropping it in the water butt).
    Anyway, only thing I caught was a hedgehog, needless to say it was later released back into the wild at the back of the shed.
    I’ve thrown that many things at cats in our gardens (front and back) they sprint off as soon as they see me now. Still shit in the borders when I’m not looking though.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

have a similar problem, but with foxes….

seriously considering a cage trap.

50g of bb shot should do the trick!

jools182
    Free Member

They’ve started shitting in my garden since laying down new turf

I want to nip it in the bud before their mates start doing it too

Miserable little swines

grahamt1980

The local cats here really seem to dislike the sonic sensor I have put up on our drive.
    Am just waiting for a deaf one to turn up and crap there though.
    Bunch of bastards they are

Bustaspoke
    Free Member
    Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

50g of BB shot should do the trick

bought a black widow catapult, intending to give the mangy bastards something to think about!

myti
    Free Member

Get rid of the pea shingle and put down slate or larger stones then they are much less likely to mistake it for a giant litter tray.

zippykona

Think nice things, think nice things…..

footflaps

Just get a cat of your own…..

trambler

[have a similar problem, but with foxes….seriously considering a cage ]
    What would you do with a fox caught in a cage? Townies around here seem to think dumping them in the countryside is the solution. However they have no real fear of people and get shot anyway. Just sit there and get plinked, I suppose it’s quicker than learning to swim in a bag.

ianmoody
    Free Member

Townies around here seem to think dumping them in the countryside is the solution. However they have no real fear of people and get shot anyway.

That’s what happens to foxes that turn up at my father-in-laws farm. He’s regularly shooting from the bedroom window, he reckons he can spot a town fox that’s been relocated by the RSPCA cos it’s fat and stupid. Well fed from peoples bins.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

The trick is to shoot them just as the rspca release them.

Harry_the_Spider

We had the same issue with somebodies darling pet shitting on our lawn.

A good dosing with cat pepper over a couple of weeks seems to have driven it away (to shit on someone else’s lawn) although my preferred solution would have involved a desert eagle and a new Davey Crockett hat.

Get rid of the pea shingle and put down slate or larger stones then they are much less likely to mistake it for a giant litter tray.

Doesn’t work. Our visitor used to shit on slate chippings and pebbles the size of golf balls.

bobmac892

Anti-freeze?? Draws other cats in aswell tho, well for a short time… 😈

ben
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIbkLjjlMV8[/video]

HTH

olddog

Anti-freeze?? Draws other cats in as well tho, well for a short time…

Anti-freeze kills cats. So as long as you are happy killing someone’s pet and the distress it will cause them and their children.

Not to mention the legality, if morality and empathy aren’t your things

Get yourself a big tom cat. He’ll see all the other moggies off (and solve any rat problems you may have). You then just have to worry about his shit.

Or piss on the shingle yourself, that way you become the dominant cat.

soulwood
    Free Member

Ground up chilli peppers from one of those large foreign food stores, sprinkle over the affected area. Failing that anti freeze as you don’t own a cat as folk on here say so does that make them non pets?

theflatboy
    Free Member

Do those sonic repellant things actually work? We may need one for cat / fox reasons also…

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Follow the cats home and shit in their owners garden.

olddog

soulwood – just to be clear – so you would be happy killing someone’s pet (bizarre non-justifications aside), poisoning them in a fairly nasty way?

I guess that is why there are laws (on such things as animal cruelty) to set boundaries for those who are incapable of setting there own in line within excepted norms of behaviour

ready

Apparently they’re not too keen on starfish. Scatter some around, and they’ll eat it up, then never be seen again…ever. Never tried it myself though

tsd
    Free Member
    tsd
    Free Member

Just smelled like Garlic powder.

29erKeith
    Free Member

😉
    Sorry 😳

29erKeith
    Free Member

on a more serious note though one of the PIR water sprinkler things worked on my veg patch at our old house. you can get them on ebay for £30-40ish I think

gonzy
    Free Member

Do those sonic repellant things actually work?

yes they do…i had the same issue in my garden. i tried all the other methods before getting one and havent had a cat visit for over a year…that reminds me i need to replace the battery on mine 😯

votchy
    Free Member

This has probably been asked before but why is it acceptable for cats to sh!t anywhere, but law that dog owners have to clean dog sh!t up? I am not of the anti freeze solution but we have a nice little flowerbed at the end of the drive near the front door, the smell of cat sh!t on a nice day is disgusting and the owners of said vermin think it is funny, they do get upset when it is deposited on their door steps tho, hasn’t made them control their pets but has resulted in me receiving a letter from the council as cats and owners are above the law but victims are not!!

loddrik
    Free Member

As an owner of 4 siamese cats, I can categorically say this is what you need, after a couple of good soakings they’ll not be back in a hurry.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Cats are vermin.

konabunny
    Free Member

“Mate of mine swears by lion poo he got off the Internet.”

yeah, mate, yeah…yeah, pure lion poo is what I sell…straight from Africa…yeah just smell it, it smells just like wildebeest…well i suppose some people might say it looks a bit like horse poo but what do they know?

Cougar

This has probably been asked before but why is it acceptable for cats to sh!t anywhere, but law that dog owners have to clean dog sh!t up?

Ever trained a dog?

Ever trained a cat?

They have different definitions in law. I forget the exact wording, but cats are “free roaming” creatures in a way that domesticated dogs are not. Why do you take a dog for a walk, rather than just leaving the door open for it?

You can readily control where a dog does its business, and remove any waste. The only way you can do that with a cat is to have an indoor-only cat. Which is a perfectly viable option for many people.

KonaTC

Anti-freeze kills cats.

Didn’t know that 🙂

olddog

Just want to make sure that it is clear that everyone who suggests using anti-freeze in these discussion is proposing poisoning someone’s pet (noting the distress that will cause) and encouraging illegal behaviour under the animal welfare act.

It is also pretty bad for dogs (and people as well)

root
    Free Member

This has probably been asked before but why is it acceptable for cats to sh!t anywhere, but law that dog owners have to clean dog sh!t up?

Yeh, last week or so. General consensus from cat owners is that us non-cat owners should stop whinging and prevent their cats from shitting on our gardens at our expense because it couldn’t possibly be their problem.

Edit: – they’re defined as free spirits under law, to answer your question

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Local cats using my pea shingle as a communal toilet’ is closed to new replies.