Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Lobster – what's all the fuss?
  • samuri
    Free Member

Wife had some in Italy. Very expensive restaurant. Assured me it was amazing. I tried some, tasted like chewy butter to me. Not very nice at all.

People who like food that lives in water are very odd indeed. It’s all horrible.

samuri
    Free Member

Obviously he wasn’t doing them right.

Only picnics. The rest he was bob on about.

kilo

Does anywhere cook them from fresh (alive?), or will it be like this everywhere Lobster is served in a restaurant?

The Point Bar at Renard Point otside Cahersiveen, fresh from the sea to the plate.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

also had lunch and dinner at Oban Fish and Chips (it’s further north up George St and not to be confused with George St Fish and Chips by west coast motors) which beat ee-Usk hands down. It has fantastic honest seafood and they don’t just do fish and chips.

Fish and chips it was and they were awesome, sat at the waterfront watching the sun go down and not being harassed by gulls.

headfirst
    Free Member

The most overrated thing in life is a champagne, lobster and anal sex picnic.”
    Christopher Hitchens

From bitter experience I agree, especially when the midges are biting.

TheDTs
    Free Member

We caught our first lobster in Cornwall this year, we have only been trying for 20 years! Had it on a plate about an hour after leaving the sea. Delicious!
    Cought several more in the week we were there, all little ones so went back in for dinner in years to come!
    Prefer it to crab. but not as nice as the prawns at the pub in Applecross..

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Lobster – what's all the fuss?’ is closed to new replies.