Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Loads of people out riding today. Great to see…
  • brooess
    Free Member

Road ride from SE London over the North Downs through Kent, and Surrey.
    Whether it’s the warm weather or cycling really growing, there were loads of people out today – solo riders, club groups, allsorts… 🙂
    Hopefully one day the car drivers will learn what enough space to give a cyclist is ;-(

andrewy

I was out that way too but off-road. Only saw one other on the trails, guess everyone was on the road. No car trouble though 😀

eshershore
    Free Member

just been out for my regular quick 12 mile road loop around N London (lots of climbing and descending) and saw plenty of people out riding road bikes, kids with parents riding and people on hybrids puffing up the hills (new year’s resolutions?)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mcmoonter
    Free Member

We saw a wheen (collective Scottish noun) of folk out today too in Fife too. Wheens of roadies and moonters. Clear skies following torrential overnight rain, blustery winds, 5C max. Great to see folk out on bikes. In fact on some roads we saw more bikes than cars.

_tom_
    Free Member

Saw loads of people also out on their road bikes today. Winds round here are horrible at the minute.

scaled
    Free Member

I managed about 10 miles on my new road bike before heading back home, the wind round here (south manc) was horrendous and I was quite glad other cyclists had more sense than me and stayed indoors.

Apparently it calmed down this afternoon.

theboatman
    Free Member

The winds around here made it just a bit choppy to be on the road bike, but was a mint spring like morning for doing my local trails 😀

d45yth
    Free Member

I wish I’d been able to get out. Had cold and a bad chest for a fortnight, still no better either. Think I might have cat aids!!! 😯

jambalaya
    Free Member

Was a lovely day for a ride, 30k out to Surrey Hills and back. Big thanks to the rider who’d got a small hand saw to clear a fallen tree which had been blocking the main bridleway onto/off Winterfold for 3 weeks. A few pairs of hands to drag the bits away and we could declare the trail “re-opened”

clubber
    Free Member

plenty out in Bristol this morning too.

and this afternoon, I took my son out on his bike and was asked by a walker if there was an event on because there were so many mtbers.

jules.b
    Free Member

TROG had 44 turn up for their Sunday morning ride in Tunstall – a record, (for us) I think. 44!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Loads of people out riding today. Great to see…’ is closed to new replies.