Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • loading courses /routes to garmin edge 810/1000
  • pete68
    Free Member

How many routes can these devices hold? I’m planning a multi day tour across Europe in the summer and want to load my routes before I go. I presume there must be a limit to what they can hold. If a memory card was added would you be able to add more? Ideally I would like to load maybe 20 day rides.

excitable1
    Free Member

The routes themselves are fairly low on the memory up take. Effectively they are just a co ordinate line with data along it at key points. I’ve got about 30 routes on my Garmin 800 that I haven’t been arsed to delete off.

Someone sent me a plotted route last week and it’s still on my PC and say’s its file size is 176 KB. So you should have more than enough room.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I’ve currently got 20 Courses on my 810 the largest being 321 Kb, you can also store Courses on the SD card AFAIK (there’s a Courses folder on mine).

markshires
    Free Member

I would probably add a memory card anyway for what they cost, you would then probably never run out of space for anything. I would be more worried about running out of space for the maps they are the main thing that takes up the space.

pete68
    Free Member

Cheers all. I’ll probably use a memory card with osm mapping anyway so will have extra space.

beej

My 800 has 200 rides recorded, totalling 19.3MB. This is internal memory rather than on the mapping card.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Not sure about those models, but on the 510 you can delete the language packs to free up loads of space if you’re worried. Courses will be very small though anyway.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘loading courses /routes to garmin edge 810/1000’ is closed to new replies.