• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by iolo.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Llyn Peninsula
  • scandal42
    Free Member

Hi Folks

Anyone from around this area or been there with a bike?

I’m off to Porthmadog in September and I’m trying to decide on Mtb or Road. Obviously choices for Mtb in the vicinity but wondered what the roads on the Peninsula are like?

Looks like some cracking beaches and coastal scenery at Nefyn and Aberdaron.

Any tips or info much appreciated.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Lots of quite roads and a lovely almost traffic free route around

Did it with my kids on tow so not a proper ride by any stretch but a lovely pootle

First one of these and signed all the way

http://www.nefynholidays.com/2011/04/cycling-routes-of-lleyn-peninsula.html

cb

Don’t miss the pub on the beach at Nefyn!

dunmail
    Free Member

As a sweeping generalisation, the beaches on the south of the Lleyn are close to the road and busy, those on the north are a bit of a walk (maybe ten minutes) and quiet.

Worth going up to the ancient hill fort on yr Eifl which is on the north easternmost point of the peninsular near Trefor.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Lived there for 5 years (Mynytho).Slim pickings for off road but some great ,if limited mileage, road biking.

langylad
    Free Member

We are off there in the first week of september as well. Some lovely quiet roads crossing the centre of the peninsula and the beautiful beaches should be deserted by then as the Wafids (wind assisted f##cking idiots) have all gone back to cheshire

iolo
    Free Member

Look for “simply downhill” on facebook.
    They have uplifts every now and again in nant gwytheyrn. The track has been used for the bds and gwinn came there to train when he was with yeti. It’s great fun.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Llyn Peninsula’ is closed to new replies.