Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Llyn cowlyd loop
  • opusone
    Free Member

What’s it like? Best to do it clockwise? Is there maybe a cheeky option to avoid the long road descent to Trefiw? Is there a better wild trail nearby that I don’t know about (and isn’t on Snowdon)?

breninbeener

This loop is best done when its frozen or been dry for ages. Not been on it in ages but it will be a swamp is my guess.

mrhoppy

It’s good, there are some cheeky trails through the woods to avoid some of the road descent. I’ve also extended it into the start of the Marin trail, over to llyn gerionedd, bit of cheeky to cross back over from the West end to that last climb on the cowlyd loop proper. Becomes quite a big day out then.

opusone
    Free Member

Hmm. There’s was still snow on the carneddau yesterday so I guess it’ll be wet up there. Penmachno today and leave Cowlyd til later in the year it is then. Thanks guys.

leonthepro
    Free Member

Did it a few weeks ago and the descent from Crafnant is wet most if the time. As suggested start at the marin then Instead of going back up to cowlyd I usually head back down the road towards Betws and rejoin the Marin.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Llyn cowlyd loop’ is closed to new replies.