Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Llandegla vs Gizburn
  • andybrad

So I’m being convinced to go to Llandegla next month instead of gizburn. Having never been before could someone let me know what its like compared to the above. I tried searching and all i got was 4 year old posts saying it was rubbish.

Is it?

tomhoward

I prefer it to gisburn, but I haven’t been to gisburn for a couple of years. There just seems to be more at degla. Plus the cafe is awesome

endurokid
    Free Member

Gisburn is really good, we went up there last week and are doing the Enduro on the 27th.

Really nice place to ride but it doesn’t have the natural flow of a usual trail centre, but is that such a bad thing? I don’t think so.

Make the most of riding somewhere new and enjoy 🙂

solarpowered
    Free Member

Llandegla for me but purely because I found it more ‘fun’ ! I’m probably not as rad and gnar as you lot though! 😆
    I also found it a bit more natural I think but sometimes that really depends on mood etc…
    Have fun wherever you go btw!!!

stumpyjon

Llandegla, natural!?!

SOAP
    Free Member

Llandegla is fantastic if you can jump…

muddydwarf
    Free Member

IMO Llandegla is a very smooth, fast & jumpy trail centre that is more like a giant BMX track than a MTB trail. Good fun if you can jump & hardly any climbing.

Very different to Gisburn, which IMO is a bit more bumpy, has more elevation gain overall & is tighter, twistier & has more ‘tech’ features.
    I prefer Gisburn but its personal choice.

solarpowered
    Free Member

stumpyjon – Member
    Llandegla, natural!?!

I’m no expert 😳

loddrik
    Free Member

My two most local trails. Ridden both way more than any other trails. Gisburn is way better than Llandegla.

andybrad

Cheers guys,

How jumpy is it? are we talking gaps (bad for me) or rollable?

Scapegoat

all rollable,no gap jumps

andybrad

winner
    cheers

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Llandegla is my local trail center, it is rather good. All the jumpyparts are rollable, and there are a few more short sharp climbs towards the end of the red route. The black is worth a detour off the red route(easy to follow, and well signposted). There is also some official off piste stuff if you want to make more of a day out. In fact they have just opened a 180k epic trail, linking local bridalpaths. Not ridden that yet, but if you ask the staff in the shop, they should give you some advice.
    Oh, and the shop/cafe is closed on a Monday.

Enjoy

Scapegoat

If you do go on a Monday the café with the fishing pond just down the road does a cracking all day beakfast….. not quite a OnePlanet Burger, but not a bad consolation.

andybrad

will be on a sat but cheers for the heads up

stumpyjon

It will be very busy but then so will Gisburn.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Llandegla vs Gizburn’ is closed to new replies.