Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Llandegla today
  • jaffejoffer
    Free Member

was fookin heaving! couldn’t park, was constantly stuck in traffic, if we waited at the top of runs to get some distance between those in front, some other punters would just pile down regardless. folk were stood idle by the trails, there was litter everywhere and couldn’t get served in the cafe. we only went because my mate is a relative noob and hadnt been before, but will defo be swerving this place at weekends in the future.

2hottie
    Free Member

Unlucky. We did Pen Y Gent round out of Horton, not a long route but fun all the same. Didn’t have to wait at all, only thing that slowed us down was the constant banter and the falling off of our groups relative nooob. Trail centres have there place but nothing beats getting out in the hills proper.

tazzymtb

your mistake was in
    a: not getting there very early and
    B: not riding up the first small hillock to the top flat out to overtake all the bifflers who will then slow you down for rest of ride.

Also means you’re first in line for cake 😀

sofatester
    Free Member

Llandegla at the weekends is rubbish, in more ways that one.

Save it for a quiet weekday and you will have a far more rewarding time.

Or just buy a map and explore the other 99% of wales that isn’t being ridden.

snaps
    Free Member

30+ miles on a sunny Exmoor today & we only saw three other MTBers!

mrhoppy

Sounds like you were unlucky with the timing. The car park was heaving but we got a clean run round caught a few people up got passed by a few but on the whole we really didn’t see too many on the trails.

Jeffus
    Free Member

You can have the trails to your self if you arrive around 3pm every one is heading out by then, before then its bedlum.

Brycey
    Free Member

First visit to Gisburn today, seemed to be very busy as well, but didn’t have a benchmark.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Its quite at about half seven most evenings….’cept wednesdays 😉
    I quite like having it to myself….no one to shout at you for doing it backwards 🙄

johnikgriff
    Free Member

There 8:30 Saturday, quick way up then rode everything (new northshore looks like its going to be good) and didnt see another sole until we got back to the carpark (by which time poeple already in the second overflow). Its all in the timing… 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

Sunday? Sunshine? Hoards of people? I’m lost to find a reason why. I might have been one of the ones who piled down regardless, but no-one passed us or even came close to passing (black). My suggestion is MTFU and don’t be such a whinging tart. As I was going round some people held me up and I was able to pass with a cheery hello, absolutely no problems. Are you saying that you are so good that you were at risk of catching others and don’t have the patience to wait? MTFU.
    It was nice to see so many people at the cafe and I hardly saw anyone on the trails and I’m happy to sit behind people and/or let people pass.
    Chill and enjoy.

Jeffus
    Free Member

The red is fun backwards 😯

matt_outandabout

I have not seen another mountain biker on my last three rides, bar when I am on the national cycle route… 8)

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Busy at AC and LW today, but no problems at all. Apart from a couple who were walking on the cycle trail that I unintentionally scared by almost hurtling into a nearby tree but somehow avoided by wrenching the rear brake and scrubbing the rear tyre sideways before yelling “TREE!” and carrying on. Martin, who was close following, nearly fell off laughing. He said their eyes were like saucers.

I think they need to improve the signs. It definitely isn’t a multi-use trail anymore.

M6TTF
    Free Member

We were there early, had a good morning with a few stops as it was one of our groups first ever rideout (he had L plates on 🙂 it didn’t seem any busier than when we’ve been before, plenty of cheery hellos and good fun – cafe was busy but when isn’t it!

donsimon
    Free Member

Fridays 17:30? 😛
    Had a bit of a play on a section with absolutey no fear of meeting anyone else. What are the rules regarding going off piste?

Rorschach
    Free Member

same rules as fight club…..
    You around on tuesday Don?

donsimon
    Free Member

Could well be. Time and place honey bun?

Rorschach
    Free Member

To save blushes I’ll e-mither darling.

stever
    Free Member

I was holding my breath a bit about a Saturday morning visit after reading stuff like this before …it was absolutely fine. No real congestion. Saw about 5 people on whole of first lap. A few more on second lap …and lots more when I stopped to faff with a puncture, but it wasn’t really an issue.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

MTFU? im not that good at all, but i dont enjoy people on my tail, so out of courtesy try not to be on anyone elses tail either. but because of numbers and folk piling through we had to keep going, which just felt like we were in a massive convoy.

ive been many times before, but never had to use the overflow car park, didnt even know it was there till today.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Llandegla today’ is closed to new replies.