Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Llandegla selling snow to make ends meet
  • Smee
    Free Member

I'm also guessing that they'll be insured against any losses of income too. Another thing – surely it would have cost less than a £100k to get the trails open too – so i'm still calling bullshit.

They measuring snowfall in english & welsh measures – i.e. over exaggerating to to the power of 10.

iain1775
    Free Member

Idiot
    ..but insurance companies have this little get out clause called 'an act of God'
    say they had got the trails open, keeping them open when it is dumping several inches of snow everyday and not rising above freezing is another matter isnt it? What do you expect them to do, invest in snow ploughs, snow cannons and piste bashers? This is North Wales not Morzine!
    I understand they did manage to get the access road & car park open for a whole day – from the pics on the website and blog that took best part of a week with a 20tonne excavator
    Then it snowed again for the whole next week and they are back to square one (but now with a base layer of ice!)
    Bull$hit or not, I call it clever marketing – bet there is now loads of people thinking 'ah Llandegla, never been there must check when its reopened and give it a go'!!

Smee
    Free Member

Its an act of weather. God doesnt exist, to suggest there include a clause suggesting that there is a god and you must accept that there is a god is racist.

zokes
    Free Member

Well, he certainly got the first part of his new 'name' right. He's certainly a very large male Gallus domesticus

glenp
    Free Member

Chips with everything in Scotland, especially shoulders.

bonj
    Free Member

You're right – Penmachno isn't having these problems. However, Penmachno isn't a private forest, with a visitor centre employing staff. Also Penmachno is very likely to close (or at least stop maintaining the trail) as there aren't enough people putting money in the honesty parking to keep the place going.

It costs a certain amount of money to maintain trails – an amount which may be more than gets put in penmachno's honesty box, but somehow I think it's a little bit less than £100k a week.

bonj
    Free Member

does this make sense:

God doesnt exist, to suggest there include a clause suggesting that there is a god and you must accept that there is a god is racist.

So does this mean… God doest exist to suggest that there isn't a clause suggesting that he exists, but he also exists for a whole host of other purposes.
    And what does the clause for which God doesn't only exist state again? I'm not sure I follow the next bit.
    Confused…
    😉

glenp
    Free Member

Don't worry – it makes just as much sense as everything else from him.

Coyote
    Free Member

Llandegla is a great trail centre with fantastic facilities. I for one will be back there as soon as I can. I may even wait for some of the bits I need and push a bit extra custom their way.

There is a large presence on this site who don't seem to like *anything*, total negative f***wits. Makes you wonder why they get up in a morning or maybe they thrive on their own misery.

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

You need to see the snow to believe it first hand. Have xc skied around the blue run today and counted over 30 trees down covering the trails. For those who haven't seen it first hand and don't believe what it's been like over the past 12 days, shame on you for not supporting fellow mtber's :evil:.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Llandegla selling snow to make ends meet’ is closed to new replies.