Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Llandegla – Ruined
  • smartay

As above literally on my doorstep, 8 miles, so ride up round red/blue combo, hot choc then ride home.
    Did it to death at one time then broke scapula on black so not quite the same

As I said before use the right tool for the job, 6″ travel both ends, its to smooth 😀

D0NK

If I hadn’t seen it myself, I wouldn’t have believed it.
    I can provide witnesses

Excellent work Rusty 🙂

timc
    Free Member

I think Ive seen you at Llandegla Rusty

RustySpanner

Just a smidge over 6 foot 4, athletic build, boyish good looks, sensitive, compassionate eyes?
    Yup, that’s me.

I ride a gold plated titanium Kona singlespeed, Onza Octopus tyres, carbon discs and upside down drop bars.

Say ‘hello’ if you see me about.

r17anm
    Free Member

Was there in October.
    Most litter I have ever seen whilst at a trail centre

Marin
    Free Member

No.

mrphil
    Free Member

The recently refurbished part did require some general clean up.

Now the new part is smooth however if you go fast enough it can be tricky due to the off-camber corners.

The only other part of the trail that needs looking at are as follows..

After the new bit there is a left switchback and goes to a large puddle (some drainage would help)

B-Line off the boardwalk could do with a larger berm so you can “rail it and be gnarly”

Other than the rubbish being dropped (less weight so you get better times on the climbs innit) the trail is great.

SOAP
    Free Member

Do you still have to push up the bank on the left to get to the B-Line just after the diversion?

patriotpro
    Free Member

A couple pulled up in a BMW tourer (this was a couple of years ago, when Audi’s were still considered a bit suspiciously individual).
    She got out, retrieved a pair of Afghan Hounds from the boot and took them for a walk.
    The bloke stripped off, put his bike gear on and rode his carbon Scott full susser to the cafe.
    We went for a coffee too.
    Twenty minutes later he was joined by his Mrs. They both walked back to the car where he stripped off again, the bike went onto the roof, the dogs went back into the boot and they drove off.

People like that can’t exist, they just can’t.

fivespot
    Free Member

Do you still have to push up the bank on the left to get to the B-Line just after the diversion?

No, its back to normal now 😉

Northwind

The bloke stripped off, put his bike gear on and rode his carbon Scott full susser to the cafe. Twenty minutes later he was joined by his Mrs. They both walked back to the car where he stripped off again, the bike went onto the roof, the dogs went back into the boot and they drove off.

That was me- I was planning to go for a hundred mile training ride, but my old war wound was playing up and so regretfully I had to put the bike back on the car and go home for a cry. I have not ridden since. Thanks for rubbing my nose in it.

rwills2
    Free Member

There next weekend on a riding trip with the lads, riding Llandegla Saturday Coed Y Brenin Sunday.

Not been in about 18 months, is it stupidly busy on weekends? Don’t want to get stuck behind people on the singletrack…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not been in about 18 months, is it stupidly busy on weekends? Don’t want to get stuck behind people on the singletrack…

Just call
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHo2pXO_XAI[/video]
    or something similar

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

It seems to be generally less busy this year compared to previous years, so you should be ok.

On a related note, Llangegla – ruined my bike last night, as with no crashing involved, I snapped the damper in my forks and delaminated the pedal insert on my cranks. And got a flat. And my light bracket broke, causing light to jettison…

monkeychild
    Free Member

I really like the skills area and pump track at Llandegla. It’s blimming ace!! The trail is fun, but it’s not my favourite.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

^^^^^
    ^^^^^
    ^^^^^ etc…

..and we wonder why some motorists have a problem with us.

tops5
    Free Member

agentdagnamit – Member
    ^^^^^
    ^^^^^
    ^^^^^ etc…

Eh?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Don’t want to get stuck behind people on the singletrack…

^^^^^ etc…

I assume

butlerjamesp
    Free Member

I now retract my original statement, riding the new bit at 6:30am with just a Lezyne Powerdrive XL light is quite good due to the crazy cambers they’ve put in, rather fun!

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Llandegla – Ruined’ is closed to new replies.