Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Llandegla Night Enduro 31st October
  • olixmb4x
    Free Member

Anyone else doing this?
    Did the one last year and was superb – a little different!

Dark-Side

Yes, I’m doing it again this year. Was a good laugh last year and my first ever ever Enduro.

trailhound
    Free Member

Yep! I also enjoyed last years one and shall be entering this years too.

jonnyyeti
    Free Member

Might do how serious do people take it, many there do it for just a bit of fun?

slordy
    Free Member

looks like it could be fun, where do you enter? via si-entries or Llandegla website

kimbers

Would like to, but Halloween with the kids is too much fun

Jeffus
    Free Member

I did it last year I was in the really old man group was fun, group I was with had mega expensive carbon bling and Enve rims etc plenty of disposable income , was snowing at one point 😀 , think I came 7th in my group ,,kept catching the guy in front of me, lost loads of time but I was just having fun in the dark, going balls out was great kept me warm. I think my time was 1 minute slower than the fast guys so I was quite slow, especially if you stand on a finish line and count to 60 😀

santacruzsi
    Free Member

forgive my ignorance, but how does the format of an Enduro run?

Jeffus
    Free Member

We rode to a start point sat in the cold , blasted down the run, rode to the next sat in the cold repeated so we had 3 timed runs, 😀 was actually really great fun, but I didn’t have enough layers on, so shivered . 🙂

fathomer

slordy – Member
    looks like it could be fun, where do you enter? via si-entries or Llandegla website

The website address is on the image in the op, bottom right hand side.

I might enter, though sounds like the stages are all on the normal way marked trails which is a shame!

chrisdw
    Free Member

Sounds awesome. I might give it a go this year!

snorkelsucker
    Free Member

I’m going to give this a go, probably in the hardtail category.

I can bike to Llandegla from my house so I have absolutely no excuse in fact, I’ve ridden there enough times to be expected to be able to ride it with my eyes closed.

Now I’ve tempted my fate enough to come last, I can relax and enjoy it.

It should be fun though – the stages for the last one were the better parts of the route.

olixmb4x
    Free Member

Here is a link to all race info and race entry, organised by Chris at Naked Racing;

Enduro Night Race at Llandegla 2015

Halloween – in a dark Welsh forest :mrgreen:

fathomer

So tomorrow night, I’m in and looking forward to it!

beano68
    Free Member

Looks great but too far away for moi 😥

lapierrelady

I’m soooo tempted by this. Love racing, love night riding and already planning to ride Llandegla on Saturday. But, doing the skills course on Sunday, which this would probably ruin me for, so will reluctantly give it a miss (whilst keeping it in mind for next year)!

Karl33to
    Free Member

I’m in too.

I did the first one a couple of years ago and had a right mare. I didn’t leave anywhere near enough time for the long climb at the start and was so late they were running the next category. Then I set off down the first stage without my lights on and managed to drop my chain and get it completely jammed losing over a minute, to make matters worse I took a wrong turn on the second stage 😳

Looking for some redemption this year so I’m about to fit a chain guide and will make sure I pre ride the full route in the daytime.

PP Shan, say hi if you see me.

stu170
    Free Member

I’m doing it this year

rickon
    Free Member

2 hours of racing?! That sounds like a short event. I’m used to 6 hours of pedalling around a course for 20 odd minutes of racing.

stu170
    Free Member

How did we all get on? 7 56 for me, and my first enduro. Pretty happy with the results. My mate finished 3rd in the senior class, well chuffed for him

scandal42
    Free Member

7.47 For me

Took a little side line on the 1st stage by accident which threw me off my stride, and on the 3rd section I decided to set off in the 40t on the cassette 😳

First ever race though so happy with the time and enjoyed the day/night overall, thought the final stage was too short.

Was a fun drive home to Leicestershire in the fog

beiciwr64
    Free Member

Podium in the old farts

Lost a few secs on the first stage,finger problem with borrowed lights. 🙁
    First night enduro,great fun and well organised . 🙂

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Llandegla Night Enduro 31st October’ is closed to new replies.