• This topic has 15 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Llandegla – new Parallel Universe black trail
  • iain1775
    Free Member

Anyone riden it yet?

Went on Saturday, mightily impressed was fast and alot of fun, some one with more skill than me could have serious fun over the jumps but still manages to be fun for all skill levels and the rock pavement section is very nicely done
    Better than Glentress Spooky Woods or Afan Whites Level Darkside sections I reckon and destined to become a classic bit of UK manmade trail

Dark-Side

I was there Sat as well. it is sooooo much fun that trail.

Rorschach
    Free Member

“Better than Glentress Spooky Woods or Afan Whites Level Darkside” spam…Shirley?

JonR
    Free Member

The rock pavement section is lethal, you need to keep a very close eye on your front wheel when there is any moisture on it.

lipseal
    Free Member

any moisture on it.

I like mine wet 😉

peachos
    Free Member

sounds good, might go along on saturday to have a look

The rock pavement section is lethal, you need to keep a very close eye on your front wheel when there is any moisture on it.

may i ask why you say this? is it made of marble or something?

dazh

It was fine when I did it in the p*ssing rain so I’d re-assess your tyre choice if I were you.

It’s good fun but I’d hesitate to call it a classic. All a bit samey and repetitive I thought. They could have easily mixed up the features a bit and had more interesting stuff rather than just a load of table tops in a row.

Anyone know if free-ride trail is finished yet?

JonR
    Free Member

may i ask why you say this? is it made of marble or something?

Certainly you may ask. My front tyre washed and nearly had me off my bike 4 times on it, the lads in my group all said they had the same issue and the poor lad before me stacked because of a front wheel wash. All of us were on good tyres so my conclusion is that it is a bit slick and needs a spot of caution.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Oh no, something that might make you fall off on a mountain bike trail! Obviously a design flaw…

AlexSimon

I enjoyed it. I also enjoy the old track it bypasses though. So next time I’ll do one, then come back up and do the other.
    Agree, that it’s a bit samey – table table burm, table table burm, etc. But it is good fun.

I got so used to the pattern, that on a shorter jump (last one before the rocks) I overshot,landed flat and punctured 🙁

iain1775
    Free Member

dazh – freeride wasnt open on Saturday, no

Rorschach – spam, why? Its my opinion and Im interested to see what other people think. Is that not the whole purpose of a forum?
    Personally I find GT a little over-rated, although Im up there this weekend so will be able to compare the two with each still fresh in my mind

The rock bit was a bit slippy, I went off on the 2nd little drop off on it, messed it up a little, fork compressed and front wheel washed out, only a grazed elbow though so nowt serious. Was on 100mm hardtail, would like to try it again on the full suss though reckon it would be even more fun

yes bits are samey but it flows and you could hit it at whatever speed feels comfortable with
    I find most trail centres are samey in sections, there is only so much you can artifically build in after all.

JonR
    Free Member

Oh for **** sake, all I said is that it gets fooking slick when its wet and the “look at me I’m gnarlier than thou” tossers jump in to prove how much manlier they are. Yes yes we all get it you are the gods of downhill and the rest of us are just mere mortals thankful that you have the munificence to grace us with your presence.

Or just maybe you could just remove your heads from your collective fundaments and realise that there may be some on here keen to try their first black run and after getting a modicum of air on the way up might be brimming in confidence and attack it at full pace not realise just how slick it is. Still woe be it from me to help a fellow mountain biker out, **** the lot of them as I’m alright and I can big myself up at the expense of others on a computer forum! 🙄

ScottChegg
    Free Member

… and breathe.

toys19
    Free Member

JonR thanks for the heads up, thinking of going there myself. I guess I have a dream that all sections I ride will be grippier than a melted milky way sticking to a baby blanket but seeing as the reality is often more painful its good to know.

JonR
    Free Member

You’re welcome, the rest of the trail is really very fun.
    Interestingly when you melt a milky way all the way down and then allow to cool it becomes as brittle as Dime bar.

D0NK

I like it, jumps for those who cant jump (like me) very good bit of trail but I found out yesterday the bottom of the shredder at Ae is similar but a lot better (and biggerer) dunno about glentress and afan never been.

Obviously a design flaw…

trail centres or at least individual sections seem to have a feel or theme to them and every once in a while you come across a bit at odds with the rest of the section, that can be unsettling. At llandegla all the black trails (and most red i think) are bermed up so you can go very very fast, then on the final red section you go in at the same sort of speed you have been doing and find no berms – oops. Riding natural stuff you generally don’t know what to expect so ride accordingly. Trail centres can lull you into the wrong mindset then you hit an unusual bit and bang. And yeah that slab section would “go” in lee quarry but does seem a bit out of place on parallel universe

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Llandegla – new Parallel Universe black trail’ is closed to new replies.