Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Llandegla is snowed in, so gisburn or dalby tomorrow for good riding?
  • rockhopper70

Hoping for a ride on some relatively firm ground for a change so a trail centre day out is planned.
    Forecast looks nice for north Yorks and I’m assuming they will both be pretty much all weather but has anyone ridden either recently, and can indicate th conditions?

Thanks

martinhutch

Gisburn will have a little bit of snow at the tops, but is more likely to be icy in other parts. Riding the boardwalk is not advised.

I would have thought Dalby might be clearer.

PS Everywhere, trail centre or not, up here is firm ground for a change, take your pick. I certainly won’t be thinking about Gisburn in these conditions.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I’ve just seen some photo of Llandegla from today & there is snow, but it’s been rideable all day.
    Could well be more overnight up there though.

langylad
    Free Member

Snowing here in clitheroe, an inch or so on the tops but it is to carry on to about 10pm. Did Gisburn a couple of years ago in reasonably deep snow and it was good as long as you were careful. As Martin says the problem will be the ice hidden beneath the snow

martinhutch

Was out in that area walking with the family today – no significant snow below 1500ft, but plenty of wall to wall ice in the lanes. Watching a few lads trying to clear the BW descent into Horton from the Birkwith side was entertaining.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

an inch or so on the tops

Snoooowwwwww – panic everyone 😆

sr0093193
    Free Member

Decent amount of snow at the top of Dalby apparently. I’m not going to have a look as the fire is on.

martinhutch

Fair bit of snow here now, even at low level.

oldtimejedi
    Free Member

I think you may struggle to get there tomorrow as we are getting a fair amount of snow now.
    Bacup quarry mite be a better bet to get to.

Goldigger
    Free Member

No Bloomin snow down here!!

kimbers

Llandeglas great in the snow !

The exposed bits can be tough going buy the tree cover keeps most of it clear

oldtimejedi
    Free Member

Get up to Lancashire tis good up north,

Rorschach
    Free Member

Top of offas this arvo (courtesy of Jeffus)

rhid

Was thinking of going to llandegla tomorrow but maybe give it a miss. Is it likely to snow overnight? Forecast can’t seem to make its mind up.

pennine
    Free Member

Sutton Bank area of North Yorks Moors

mick_r

Rideable but quite a lot of ice patches in Lee Quarry on Friday afternoon. Snowing a bit in west Lancs now so imagine more is falling at Lee / Gisburn which are higher up and further east.

Rorschach
    Free Member

[looks out of window] Not snowing at the moment

stumpyjon

I would think Lee has 3 inches of snow now, does on the opposite side of the valley. I imagine Gisburn will be the same, biggest issue will be getting there, the roads around Gisburn don’t get gritted.

bramblesummer
    Free Member

Was at gisburn yesterday, it is indeed covered in ice. It is doable with very low tyre pressures and some gentle riding, but be bloody careful on the rocky descents as there are patches of black ice on top of most rocks.

Snow may be a big problem on the north loop there today, and the roads will be entertaining too.

thecaptain
    Free Member

FWIW, there’s been a fair bit of snow since yesterday in the Gisburn area. I doubt I’ll be cycling anywhere for a few days.

rOcKeTdOg

Llandegla car park & slipway open according to their FB page 5 mins ago

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Llandegla is snowed in, so gisburn or dalby tomorrow for good riding?’ is closed to new replies.