Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Llandegla – how long to go round the black/red ?
  • jekkyl

hi, quick question for someone. Planning on going degla on wednesday and I’ve only been once before 2 years ago when most of it was closed.
    1. How long to go round the black/red route?
    2. Am I correct in thinking all the black is rollable and there’s nothing too technical?
    Thinking of doing delamere on the way back, whilst we’re on the subject, is delamere trails all way marked? would likely be doing those in the dark if at all. thanks.

olly2097
    Free Member

About 13-14 miles.

Everything can be rolled.

kimbers

llandeglas all very rollable <2 hours at a reasonable pace
    nice cafe though, allow some burger munching time

i couldnt find anything waymarked(or decent) at delamere

100mphplus
    Free Member

1.5hrs ish actual riding, depends how many times you stop along the way.

All the good stuff at Delemere isn’t ‘marked’ trail so unless you have a guide it would be hard to string together. If you jave a garmin there are gpx of the good stuff available.
    Some people like it clockwise, I prefer anti-clockwise;
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/601169712

TrekEX8
    Free Member

I’d check before you go….with the winds forecast for the area on Tuesday, I’d expect a few trees to fall…

jekkyl

Just reading up on Delamere now and mostly they say don’t bother and if degla takes under 2 hours would prob do that twice. Cheers.

AlexSimon

Delamere will be a bit crap unless you’re armed with a bit of info, or better still taken around with someone who knows it.
    Nothing is waymarked.

Edit: A lot of people do Llandegla twice. Or you can repeat the first proper descent by going back up the fire road – On the first time do Big Jim’s, then do parallel Universe on the second.

100mphplus
    Free Member

Delemere has some ace riding, so saying ‘don’t bother’ is a bit harsh, you just need some local knowledge to show you the jewels.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Delamere is running ace at the minute, there’s a few new bits been added, now that Tom’s trail has been diverted etc..
    Its gloopy in parts.but still a whole heap of fun.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Llandegla – how long to go round the black/red ?’ is closed to new replies.