Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Llandegla … Flats or SPDs ??
  • lister-hooded
    Free Member

Which one do folks use ?

Doug
    Free Member

Does it matter?

lister-hooded
    Free Member

not at all ….

just curious about the concensus…

120 mile road trip tomorrow for first time visit and am debating which to go with ….

jam-bo

go crazy, take both.

do as lap on each and time it…

GW
    Free Member

what a fud!

terrahawk
    Free Member

I’d go for flat on the left, SPD on the right.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Which do you usually use? .Use them

I’d never ridden clipped in prior to going there, but found that I was rubbish over the jumps on flats (I don’t do big air). Since I’ve been trying clipped in, I definitely think I’d enjoy Llandegla more clipped in – it’s just swoopy and jumpy with nothing technical. If you can jump properly though, then you’ll be fine on flats.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Take your velocipede, then you’ll be done with this terrible vexation.

midlifecrashes

I’d go for flat on the left, SPD on the right.

That’d be the wrong way round, it’s a clockwise circuit, so you’ll be wanting to stick your right foot out more when cornering. Flat on the right, SPD on the left.

Have fun anyway.

genesis
    Free Member

Roughly three quarters of the staff ride spuds the rest flats, does that help?

steel4real
    Free Member

The question was a joke, right ?

zaskar
    Free Member

Flats in muddy slop.

SPDs occasionally in summer.

Road spds all year round.

Simon-E

The question was a joke, right ?

Yep.

Like all the what’s the best/which/what flavour crisps questions that get posted on here.

The answer BTW is whichever you prefer or have fitted already as it’s already doing the job. Oh, and cheese & onion (or West Country Extra Mature Shaken-Not-Stirred Cheese and Finest Hand-Reared Onions for those who buy expensive crisps).

Unfortunately too many people don’t like to have to choose, they want some stranger on they’ve never met make their decisions for them. Which underpants? Should I tell my Mum where I’m going? Where’s my comfort blanket? Oh, just found it, I can go back to sleep now.

Telemaster18
    Free Member

There was a gorgeous blonde girl working there last summer, she still there?

mAx_hEadSet

leave it……. which blonde??? myself ride both weekly spd ensure the 15% which is a climb is easier, falts mean you can choose the shoe of choice for comfort o the remaining 80%

middlew
    Free Member

.. I was there a couple of weeks ago and so it had been dry for a while and went round with SPD’s. If it was really wet I can imagine that some of the rocky and North Shore may be a bit slippery and so if you are not confident clipping/unclipping then go for flats. Make sure that they have good grips though as some of the descents are steep and twisty 😯

Keith

higgo
    Free Member

.. I was there a couple of weeks ago … some of the rocky… some of the descents are steep and twisty

I’m a big fan of Llandegla. I don’t go there often but when I do I always enjoy it. If they’ve added rocky bits and steep, twisty descents I’ll enjoy it even more.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Llandeglas probably the easiest of any welsh trail… never thought about ‘what pedals’ for anywhere Ive ridden.. I like the security of being clipped in and not mangling my shins up…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Llandegla … Flats or SPDs ??’ is closed to new replies.